Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

4 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 5 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Del. Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 am

chuckle lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:11 pm

Yeah buddy that should do it Exclamation Shocked

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:36 am

All very quiet in the bat cave this morning ! Things are getting back to `semi` normal here now ,but masks in public places and still 2m distancing but that looks like it may change soon ( discussions about 1 m distancing today here ) which will then lead to re opening bars restaurants and hairdressers,dentists etc .Hope all still good with you jim. And you Del

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:36 pm

sunbern wrote:All very quiet in the bat cave this morning   !  Things are getting back to `semi` normal here now ,but masks in public places and still 2m distancing but that looks like it may change soon ( discussions about 1 m distancing today here ) which will then lead to re opening bars restaurants and hairdressers,dentists etc .Hope all still good with you jim. And you Del

What's with the "like / dislike" buttons? chuckle

Anywho ... nothing really going on here, some people mask, some not (I don't - I like breathing chuckle ). Distancing is screwed up, people pass people like normal in the stores and anywhere else. The gym finally opened and after 6 months of missing that, I'm back to it. (All they do is take your temp ... no gloves - but paper towels and sanitary spray for the machines - which is normal).

This is all so screwed up it isn't funny.

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

"People all follow dead end roads and never realize they are indeed dead ends."
(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:05 am

Well after all that we have been through since March, I hope we don't see wave two for getting back to normal too soon..
Being a type 2 Diabetic, I don't think I will be sitting in a cinema, bar/restaurant or bus for a while yet.. If as the so called experts claim it is a winter virus, then the second wave will hit us.. The Spanish flu wiped out eighteen million. affraid

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. - Page 5 Empty Study Hall

Post  Brenda Marguerite Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:18 am

Hi all. I am type 2 also Del. Havent really been out anywhere. Once a week lately been to my brothers grave. Across the road to get newspaper, and up to shop to get hay for animals. That's my excitement for the week. Take Care. As people are now going mad like released animals, I expect there will be a second spike soon. So will have to be brave and go to forest soon otherwise will never get there.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:10 pm

Fellow diabetics ... chuckle

What's your A1C? Mine was 5.3 last time.

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:22 am

I haven't a clue Jim, I was diagnosed in 2015, I stopped taking readings about three years ago, it was quite low then. The cost of the testing strips and the fact that I was getting paranoid about my readings stopped me testing and worrying about it. I get my bloods taken, eyes and feet checked at the surgery once a year and that's it.
I admit I was over weight when diagnosed and told to lose weight, so I went ahead and lost three and a half stone. its slowly creeping back again so I'm on a diet at the moment, it seems to be working slowly..

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. - Page 5 Empty Study Hall.

Post  Brenda Marguerite Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:47 am

Hi Jim . Same as Del don't ever test myself, go to clinic twice a year. Have blood tests , feet checked , blood pressure done . Last October my blood pressure was 144 over 70 my suger level was 7. My weight was a bit high for my height. Otherwise told me to go back in March this year, of course it got cancelled until October this year.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Found out about mine around 20 years ago ... they put me on Metformin, it really wasn't all that good, and about 5 years ago the nurse practitioner I see here tried to add insulin. That seemed to help and I decided to talk myself off the damn pills and just use insulin. When I started to bring my A1C down, she just looked at me and asked 'How are you doing this?" I was like - seriously? You're the medical person LOL. I just started to look into this crap and figured out all they want to do is push pills. I developed neuropathy in my feet from the damn pills and decided to fix this myself.

The bottom line is these Drs immediately jump to insulin resistance, instead of proving it using insulin. I'm NOT insulin resistant ... pancreatic exhaustion? Yeah. Insulin woks because insulin is what's needed.

Anyway I'm down to normal now - just have to shoot up when I eat. It's a pain - but - it's my own fault for eating too much stuff like ice cream. chuckle I had quit smoking and substituted food for ciggies. I went back to the ciggies.

rotf

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:43 am

What's with the "like / dislike" buttons? No idea mate must have hit a wrong button somewhere along the line lol. Hope the diabetic buisness is'nt catching or i'm outta here affraid

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. - Page 5 Empty Study Hall.

Post  Brenda Marguerite Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:04 am

They put me on Meterformin last year Even though they knew I was allergic to it. I was seriously ill. for a week when I did manage to see a different doctor she was shocked the doctor had put me on it. I refused any more tablets in place of it. She said she thought it had stripped the skin from inside my stomach, it took me weeks to feel better again. She wanted to send me to hospital, I told her I would go if I didn't feel any better. As for ice cream Jim I have had a choc ice every day since March with my neighbour over the fence, at midday. We started this when we couldn't go out.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:20 am

Sorry to ask this Jim but how did you come to the conclusion that it was the Metformin that was the problem.

Recently I have been experiencing tingling or slight numbness to the bottoms of my feet, I'm on Metformin..

Last edited by Del. on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:51 am

The metformin isn't the problem, the pill pushin' Drs are the problem. Read what Brenda said ... ugh.

Diabetes needs to be proven regarding "cause" ... if it is insulin resistance, it has to be proven by using insulin, and, it won't work. In my case when I switched myself to only insulin and dumped the metformin, it was much better meal to meal, numbers went down, and the nurse practitioner was shocked.

As far as the "tingling feet" ... that's neuropathy. I got it while using the metformin - and it's still there.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/peripheral-neuropathy/symptoms-causes/syc-20352061

If I've learned anything form all this ... it's look into it and figure out what's going on because you can't always trust these Drs.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:58 am

Have just taken an A1C reading. Its 6.1

Mmmm, have just read your link Jim. Shocked d'oh   I think I shall start stuffing my face with what I like, start smoking again then drown myself in alcohol..
chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:05 pm

Del. wrote:Have just taken an A1C reading. Its 6.1

Mmmm, have just read your link Jim. Shocked d'oh   I think I shall start stuffing my face with what I like, start smoking again then drown myself in alcohol..
chuckle

rotf

If you can get on insulin, it's really easy to determine what's going on. If you want to get into it, I'll be back later ... I'm off to the gym.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:58 am

The only problem I have with that Jim is I don't  really want to end up being a pin cushion..

Thought I would share this with you, I'm on the fence with it. I'll say no more on diabetes on this thread. we could start a diabetic thread. chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:21 am

About as much as I can say is, I took myself off the meds and just switched to insulin. The idea is, like if your car has a low tire, you put AIR in the tire NOT WATER.

Once I figured out how much insulin to take per-meal ... by looking at what my sugar numbers were at the beginning of the next meal, I brought everything down to normal. In other words, if I took 10 units of insulin and my numbers were 125 at the beginning of my NEXT meal, I'd take a little more (eating the same thing) and see where that brought it down to. I like it around 98 when I get ready to eat.

I have NO clue what that Dr is talking about regarding "fixing" this problem.

Start low regarding how much you take ... look at the numbers at the start of the next meal and figure out if you need more insulin. Just be careful regarding taking too much ... you could pass out. I keep chocolate chip cookies on standby if I feel my sugar levels dropping. chuckle

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:08 pm

''Chocolate chip cookies'' I could sure do with some of those right now... chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:46 am

Del. wrote:''Chocolate chip cookies'' I could sure do with some of those right now... chuckle

Hehe,chocolate wheatmeal digestives are my weakness Del ! Hi,Jim,did you get the email i sent about the neuclear power stations ? tried to post it on here but there was no way i could see of doing it .

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:57 am

Nope - last email I got was back in March with the Norton crap going on.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:41 am

ok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pr-C4byeNk this is'nt the one but may be of interest

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:00 pm

Now if you can tie that in with Redfern's book "Final Events" ... I wonder what you'd get. hmm

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:01 am

HMMMMM ,Time i read that i think Idea Idea

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:48 pm

sunbern wrote:HMMMMM ,Time i read that i think Idea Idea
It's only been a year and a half since I brought it up. chuckle

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next