Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

+3
Jim
Del.
Dreamwalker
7 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Study Hall. Empty Study Hall.

Post  sunbern Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:50 am

that was my interpretation too Jim Rolling Eyes

same to you Del and all I love you

Study Hall. Ufo_xmas_card-rbff8a02b510a45cabae8993b1d0e116b_xvuak_8byvr_324

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Del. Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:17 pm

santa rendeer off to stay with a friend over Christmas so wont be posting till after boxing day.
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2017, ''wow'' where has twelve months gone.
Cheers guys. cheers drunken santa

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:09 pm

You too Del ... have a happy holiday ... as far as the last 12 goes - I have no clue lol!

Everyone have a happy holiday ... cheers santa

Study Hall. Xmas

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

"People all follow dead end roads and never realize they are indeed dead ends."
(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:32 am

Happy Christmas Jim and Del. Hope you both have a good rest. Specially you Jim your brain must be overloaded, know how that feel. All the best. X

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:35 am

Thanks for keeping me from getting bored mate have a good one santa

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:39 am

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Happy Christmas Jim and Del. Hope you both have a good rest. Specially you Jim your brain must be overloaded, know how that feel. All the best. X

Rest is short lived in my world chuckle

I was contemplating the "afterlife" idea in an overall context of human history, and, as usual, it doesn't make sense. What about earlier versions of the "human" species? What about the other life-forms on this planet? "Religion" answers this with the inclusion of the "soul." So, "we" had a soul, and  - no one else did? I don't buy the idea of a "soul" ... I think it's simpler ... I think it's part of the overall construction of "life" and that when the part of us that needs bio-mechanical "support" to continue (the physical body), fails ... it falls away and what's left is the underlying energy. Religion cannot explain this - this is a job for science. Unfortunately, science fears peer ridicule, and topics like the paranormal (which would be where we should start looking) are ignored.

At any rate, I started looking around, found some work by Dr Daniel M. Ogilvie, Department of Psychology,
Rutgers, and made a .DOC, read it, and made a PDF if you are interested. The topics are The God Problem - Soul Searching Project - A Partial History of Afterlife Beliefs. The links are in the paper and I put them all in one text.

If you want one, send me an email and let me know if you want the .DOC or the PDF. If you want to just look at the links ... here you go.

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~ogilvie/HistoryAfterlife.htm
http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~ogilvie/research.html

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:51 am

pdf by preference pls ,back to the land of the living and an internet connection bounce

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:57 am

Homo sapiens sapiens appeared a mere 30,000 years ago—some say only 10,000 to 20,000 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Pazv8baVI

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:00 am

Wanna tell me what I'm looking for? confused

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:55 am

you'll have to wade through it i'm a bit short of time at the mo ,the origins bit caught my eye ( that's why i posted it ) sorry just a bit tied up right now ...make of it what you will or bin it ,never know what time you have on your hands but i do know you like to do your own research Shocked Arrow

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:16 am

Well basically the picture, simply put, is not that young. The term homo sapien sapien regards changes to what was, and the overall picture is that we are all just homo sapiens. Dates vary but the changes seem to tie to the "changes" c 40,000 BC.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:58 pm

how about treating yourself to an ou course on the afterlife beliefs ? maybe it would open up more email opportunities and dialogue .

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~ogilvie/HistoryAfterlife.htm

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:39 am

fascinating reading Jim ,so it seems our own brain development was responsible for our heirarchecal system ( plannning ahead ) and as we developed this more, the peer orientated aspect of our our human structure became more developed amazing stuff ,really enjoying reading it ..ongoing .

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 am

Yeah, from my perspective it all boils down to how the brain works, and, "doesn't work." If we can look at today and see the antisocial aspect of control, the question to ask is "How far back into history does it go?" Psychologists add the "hubris syndrome" to this picture, where a more mentally "normal" leader just - loses it completely. Basically, keeping it simple, it all breaks down to the same antisocial picture, and we are still screwed.

http://brain.oxfordjournals.org/content/132/5/1396

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:18 am

and still they line up ,if Donald Trump is'nt displaying hubris symptoms it's all a myth affraid

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:26 am

Shrinks broke the rules and diagnosed him as a full blown narcissist with antisocial personality disorder. He could very well "lose it" hmm On the other hand, he's a successful billionaire businessman ... and since this whole picture is about money, he MAY do what's needed to fix this mess, and bathe in the glory of the chanting people (also known as narcissistic supply). dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:29 pm

Jim wrote:Shrinks broke the rules and diagnosed him as a full blown narcissist with antisocial personality disorder. He could very well "lose it" hmm On the other hand, he's a successful billionaire businessman ... and since this whole picture is about money, he MAY do what's needed to fix this mess, and bathe in the glory of the chanting people (also known as narcissistic supply). dunno    

Mmmm, that's food for thought, never looked at it that way before.. hmm

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Mmmm, that's food for thought, never looked at it that way before.. hmm

well there you go mate our society has been shaped by a sucession of narcisists and hubris sufferer's hide

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:14 am

Then too, one would tend to think that if he was in the "elite's" way - he should wind up dead dunno

I'm going to be out for awhile ... get back to this later.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:26 am

"Yeah, from my perspective it all boils down to how the brain works, and, "doesn't work." If we can look at today and see the antisocial aspect of control, the question to ask is "How far back into history does it go?"

there are still some tribes that live by the ` live for today `principle which seems to entail working together for the tribe so ,the `control` aspect did'nt come `as standard `It seems to be a factor connected to larger societies and the thinking ahead principle ( accumulate more and strive for more ) this does seem to be condusive to peer control ( i guess it stemmed from the best ones at it were the most respected ) Maybe it's inevitable and part of our evolution, maybe also civilizations have destroyed themselves at this point in their evolution .Perhaps the et's that are `hoverring` in the background are watching us through this `difficult period` in our development as a species ...I really hope so ..alien

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:52 am

sunbern wrote:there are still some tribes that live by the ` live for today `principle which seems to entail working together for the tribe so ,the `control` aspect did'nt come `as standard ...

Any culture will develop according their rules and beliefs, and there are still "live for today" tribes on the planet it seems. People born with these kind of potential "brain problems" will always be in the picture. It's like cars in a assembly line - every now and then, there's a "lemon." But it seems if they did pop up in those cultures - they were eliminated.

`It seems to be a factor connected to larger societies and the thinking ahead principle ( accumulate more and strive for more ) this does seem to be condusive to peer control ( i guess it stemmed from the best ones at it were the most respected ) Maybe it's inevitable and part of our evolution, maybe also civilizations have destroyed themselves at this point in their evolution .Perhaps the et's that are `hoverring` in the background are watching us through this `difficult period` in our development as a species ...I really hope so ..alien  

Yeah they have - and the "watching" didn't just start. Our problem is that this is OUR planet, OUR lives, and in the overall picture of constructivism ... WE have to figure it out. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:16 am

"Yeah they have - and the "watching" didn't just start. Our problem is that this is OUR planet, OUR lives, and in the overall picture of constructivism ... WE have to figure it out. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening"

Neither do i until people realise this is the only home they have and if they wreck it picking up the pieces may not be an option this time ...

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:11 am

sunbern wrote:Neither do i until people realise this is the only home they have and if they wreck it picking up the pieces may not be an option this time ...

Well, for me at any rate, this is where the constructivist approach comes in with regard to our entire picture of life and life after death. Making YOU do it all ("...until people realize..."), and knowing nothing regarding "what's coming" when you die, gives you the freedom to be YOU. And if YOU are an asshole, you've now proven it, and you are placed accordingly "after death."

If the "front office" (for lack a better term) just "gave us the answers," people could actually manipulate the picture and pretend to be "good" - and would be able to contaminate the afterlife.

If that's right, WHO is giving out all this - "information" - that is leaving us so confused? We know what's going on here, it's what we can't see and what appears to people and "tells them things" that needs to be identified properly. I dunno ... that's as close as I can get. dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:56 am

looking at it from `their` point of view i'd say they have gathered more than enough `material ` to kick start the next level of humanity on another planet ,no need to bother with this one other than keeping it ticking over in case they need any more ,i'd say this is now a planet in stagnation and i can't see why they hav'nt taken the population measures we should have adressed ,i know we are given free will ,i just cant fathom why they are letting us destroy ourselves ,maybe it's because they dont think we are trying hard enough and are not worth helping ( cant think of any other reason .) perhaps there are so many earth like planets we are considered expendable .

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:41 am

Bernie if they come to help us they take away our free will. They are not allowed to do that. We make our own choices, so its up to us how we do this. I think they are there to make sure we don't blow their Planet up, and will act if that ever comes to frutition.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next