Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

4 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 8 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Del. Yesterday at 7:58 am

Pre flood (antediluvian period) The Nephilim were bad beings and God sent the flood to eliminate them. Noah had three sons Shem, Ham, and Japheth. After the flood it is said Ham went against God and started Paganism, Ham had a son called Cush who also rebelled against God. Cush fathered Nimrod, and the Bible says Nimrod built the tower of Babel in order to be nearer to worshiping the gods he used the tower to rebel against God, He and Hermes created the priesthood of POLYTHEISM 35:28 In link It is said this was the first return to Polytheism after the flood.

An interesting video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlYEn-5MDZ0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyKceH7wv0

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Yesterday at 8:56 am

I'll look at those videos later.
Just to bring up one point regarding the alleged who did what and created whatever - the "flood" as written in the biblical text, never happened. My approach isolated a local mega-tsunami back around 6000 BC in the Mediterranean, when the side of Mt Etna slid into the water. There was a second tsunami event that happened west of Norway, and the dating is so close both may have happened at the same time. At any rate, since this happened in the same area, it could just be a rewrite of an event that was passed down by word of mouth for 5+ millennia. There were earlier references to  "flood" before the biblical story, and the tsunami event was still about 4000 rounded years before these stories were written.

Just like the other characters in the other stories, Noah never existed either - and his offspring are a made up story too. dunno

OK ... started to look at those vids ... he's wrong, his entire bible believing approach is wrong, end of story. If you want to talk about it, bring up questions and we can go on from there.

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

"People all follow dead end roads and never realize they are indeed dead ends."
(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Today at 4:57 am

Just one question....Do you believe anything that is/was written in the Bible ? I just look at these things because I like the stories. Just like when we are kids listening to mother telling us a story, it fascinates us. But like me I take it you are Agnostic-Atheist. I believe in the spiritual not the
''religious doctrine'' side of things. hmm

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Today at 7:32 am

Del. wrote:Just one question....Do you believe anything that is/was written in the Bible ? I just look at these things because I like the stories. Just like when we are kids listening to mother telling us a story, it fascinates us. But like me I take it you are Agnostic-Atheist. I believe in the spiritual not the ''religious doctrine'' side of things. hmm  

Well, I don't categorize myself as anything but a quester ... I want "information" that eliminates the  data problems we have been surrounded by, and straightens this picture out. If the end result is that (whichever) religion is right - OK ... I don't have a problem with it. I don't have a problem with any of the "god" information being right either ... if god exists, I'm fine with it. But after 50 years of searching everywhere for answers ... all I can say is there is no "information" that proves ANY of this religion stuff is right.
There's nothing about this material I find fascinating. All I see are millions of people through history, all the way to today, being controlled and manipulated for no real reason except manipulative nonempathic control. dunno

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

"People all follow dead end roads and never realize they are indeed dead ends."
(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8