Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

5 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 40 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Jim Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:36 pm

Del. wrote:
Blah blah blah, The likes of us old codgers will still be kicking around in 2030...

Well, if you read my notes you would have seen this:

I had an experience at around 14 years old or so that I didn’t bring up, because it was
personal and has nothing to do with the overall picture talked about above. I asked “God”
(the only possible source for my experiences I knew about at that age) when I was going
to die, and I got an immediate “intrusive thought” answer. The language structure used in
this answer isn’t even close to what a child born in Brooklyn NY would have constructed,
if this was indeed “me” (on whatever level) creating this answer mentally. What I got
was: “The first or second week of December, of your 76th year.” I just said to myself –
wow, that’s a LONG TIME! … and left it at that.

The only change I could come up with later in my life was simply - how is "whoever" calculating "age?" We do it via "birth"dates and technically, we are all (on average) 9 months older than our "birth"date. I was conceived in November of 48 and by this method I'm 74 already. hmm

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

"People all follow dead end roads and never realize they are indeed dead ends."
(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:02 am

Mmmm, food for thought I guess.. study

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:55 am

Del. wrote:Mmmm, food for thought I guess.. study

When you don't know who said it ... it turns into a waiting game. We'll see.

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:41 am

"The only change I could come up with later in my life was simply - how is "whoever" calculating "age?" We do it via "birth"dates and technically, we are all (on average) 9 months older than our "birth"date. I was conceived in November of 48 and by this method I'm 74 already. "

well i never......coincidently someone asked me when i was going to retire today, lol, my answer was i have only just got to where i want to be i'm not throwing in the towel any time soon if i get my way, but the grim reaper may have other ideas Evil or Very Mad

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jul 18, 2023 12:51 pm

Technically, I "retired" back in '89. I was a trucker and from all the climbing and jumping off the trailer, my knees went in '85. I had 3 surgeries in the beginning of the '90s. I wound up on disability tracking back to '89 and I've been on it ever since. The only upside was it gave me tons of time to do the study I did. My wonderful wife back then swore I just wanted to stay home - so - got rid of her too. chuckle

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:58 am

Jim wrote: I was a trucker and from all the climbing and jumping off the trailer, my knees went in '85.

Welcome to the club Jim, I was in the fire service for 20 odd years and all the ladder work climbing and humping about didn't do my knees too good either. We didn't have the equipment then as they do now. But as the saying goes, ''you gotta keep going'' how long for I don't know. whistle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:31 am

Del. wrote:

Welcome to the club Jim, I was in the fire service for 20 odd years and all the ladder work climbing and humping about didn't do my knees too good either. We didn't have the equipment then as they do now. But as the saying goes, ''you gotta keep going'' how long for I don't know. whistle

Well I have enough trouble walking today - but I keep going. chuckle

BTW, I got an email from Dreamwalker / Samantha who used to be in here with us. I think she wants to come back. We'll see what happens. cheers

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:00 am

Yes I remember her. That was a good few years back..

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:58 am

We'll see what happens ... she needs to get her password fixed.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:33 pm

well well well i remember Sam ,i so hope she comes back she lit this site up like a lighthouse and her theories and comments were a revelation .Please come back Sam ..Well fellas my knees are still just about going but the old body is slowing up lol .Had a dream a few nights ago and i was TOLD in no uncertain terms that i was fast approaching my drop off point .what a wake up call that was but even knowing that i still have no plans to go on a cruise or make a start on my bucket list .While i can keep goin i'm gonna keep doing my wildlife work and then with my last breath i will say i gave it my best shot .No more morbidity ( is that a real word lol ) .The clock may have got to 11.55 but there's still life in this old codger yet ..Now then I guess in our own ways we have left a little imprint on this spinning ball we call home .I dont feel my life has been wasted and although i got a few things wrong i feel for the last 20 years at least i have tried to put my wrongs right as best i can .Have you been watching the chris packham series Earth Del ? .It's a wake up call for humanity but we all know people are only interested in their own little worlds and wont change so maybe we are all one step nearer than we would like to think to that stairway to heaven .I think when we get there though we will all be shown the greasy pole ( groundhog day eh Del ! ) Ahh well i can honestly say you fellas have helped me along these last few years and although i guess we will never meet i just wanna say thanks for being there .Top blokes you two are ..

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:18 pm

sunbern wrote:well well well i remember Sam ,i so hope she comes back she lit this site up like a lighthouse and her theories and comments were a revelation .Please come back Sam ..

I haven't heard from her today so - I dunno what's going on.

sunbern wrote:
Had a dream a few nights ago and i was TOLD in no uncertain terms that i was fast approaching my drop off point .what a wake up call that was ...

Like me and my experience - you have to wait and see. It could have been "anyone." dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:48 am

sunbern wrote:Have you been watching the chris packham series Earth Del ?  

I will look out for that one Bern, I never knew it was on to be honest.

we will all be shown the greasy pole ( groundhog day eh Del ! ) wrote:

Ah those were the days..... I think not... Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:16 am

Found that series Bernie, watched the first one last night on iPlayer.. Bloody scary but fantastic images.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:30 am

Sam seems to have disappeared ... hope she's OK. dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:51 pm

Del. wrote:Found that series Bernie, watched the first one last night on iPlayer.. Bloody scary but fantastic images.

yeah a wake up call if ever there was one mate.

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:34 pm

Sam got back to me ... she's comin' ... just got to get this password thing straightened out now.

-------
Since too many posts were made, this topic has been divided automatically. You can find the rest of this topic here :
https://theoratorium.canadian-forum.com/t53-study-hall

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40