Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

4 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 24 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Jim Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:31 pm

OK ... I'll try an email ...

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

"People all follow dead end roads and never realize they are indeed dead ends."
(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:58 pm

YAAAAY ,One happy bunny here,it worked Jim ,hope i can continue to post now,great to be back .

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:07 pm

No, just took advantage of the quiet and wrote a 10 page why christianity is wrong paper.

Now this i must read ,is it done yet ? bounce

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:39 pm

Yeah ... I can make a PDF out of it.

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:40 pm

That would be great ,thank you .. Laughing

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:54 am

Wooo, got straight into the site this morning, no red warning page. bounce bounce

How do we all get to read your PDF Jim... scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:11 am

I can send u one ... but it was kicked back. You change your email address? Send me an email.

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am

Ok..

Sent the email at 12 noon today..

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:08 pm

Del. wrote:Ok..

Sent the email at 12 noon today..

Is it noon yet?

rotf

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:23 am

Haha, forgot the time difference sorry... chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:59 am

lol! rotf chuckle

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:01 pm

Did you get my email ? read it and agree, if you want to discuss it on here wait until you have Del's comments and we can discuss .

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:23 pm

We can go into it ... I haven't heard from Del ... must be a large gap between time zones.
rotf

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:33 am

That's strange, I sent it via the email envelope under your cat and profile.

Have just sent another in the the MP box.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:15 am

I got it ... that was the address I used ... sent another one w/o the PDF ... did u get it?

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:32 am

OK ... replied with PDF ...

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:12 am

Just read your PDF Jim.
Cant say much because biblical studies bore me, but I get what you are saying. I think its all very confusing to say the least.
To me the bible is all a load of claptrap..

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:15 am

Well, the problem with people and this topic is that there is no realization of the two possibilities we have for "thinking" ... one is emotional, and the other is logic.

There's an approach to use called controlled empathy ... essentially, you "turn off" the emotional aspect and just deal with the facts. It becomes fairly obvious what you are dealing with when you listen to people, as the emotions are running high.

Once you can understand that the emotional aspect should only be used regarding topics "it" can see, and facts and figures are NOT emotionally based, it becomes the little child hiding behind the parent, peaking out into the world. When it sees something scary, the parent (logic) tries to explain what's really going on.

This topic was constructed under the framework of emotion ... not logic. "Faith" is another way of saying "take my word for it" which negates any "thinking." Yeah, 2000 years ago that was pretty much the picture, but today we have information that allows "thinking" and in this picture logic should detect a "problem."

I've looked at this picture for the last dozen years, and recently the work of Dr Bart Ehrman was added to the mix. He's a biblical scholar who ripped this entire subject apart, and essentially, came to the same conclusions I did, it's just that my approach dealt with the "book" as it was given to us.

Bottom line ... this return and end of the world was to have happened in their generation - and  - it never did.

dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:56 pm

"Bottom line ... this return and end of the world was to have happened in their generation - and - it never did."

i love this subject ,it never bores me and i am fascinated by the emotions and responses it generates,like you Jim ,i have looked at it for many years and i must confess i have come to the same conclusion IT'S HISTORY PERIOD .Nothing will convince me otherwise,( that i have seen or witnessed ), so i'm not being lead by blind faith and i have to say that the good book has been responsible for more than a few not such good things and for that reason i'm out !..You could say i am edging my bets by believing there is/was a God but my personal faith is based on the ten commandments which is as good a code for life as anyone could draw up ,but i guess i'm not heading for the promised land as i have bent a few of the rules over the years !!!! affraid

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:29 am

Well put Bern... cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:19 am

sunbern wrote:You could say i am edging my bets by believing there is/was a God ...

THAT is the story of stories ... and people refuse to deal with it. As it sits, writing began too late and what popped up 5000 rounded years ago was a controlling doctrine concerning a "multitude of beings" connected to the "sky" (sound familiar?) that we just call polytheism. If that was projected back another 7000 years to the end of the superwave event (Gobekli Tepe) it all fits. They didn't know what "the sky" was ... we know today, and we are still missing a ton of information regarding "who's up there" ... alien

"One god" (monotheism) didn't enter the picture until Ahkenaton opened his mouth in the 1300s BC. It seems to have spread to the Zoroastrian beliefs, and then to the Hebrews and on to today.

What are we really in the middle of?

dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:59 pm

Jim wrote:OK ... I'll try an email ...

Here's where you should try one Jim, Rua Pitangui,has studied extraterrestrial influences on the development of religion for over 25 years ,maybe well worth a try ? Email : brazilmasiexas@cardiol.br. He is a cardiologist ( probably has interesting theories on life after death also ) just been reading an article by him in an old copy ( 2012) of a uk magazine called ufo matrix vol.1 Issue 5 . Of course there is always the possibility that he may no longer be interested or even around . hmm

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:29 pm

" If that was projected back another 7000 years to the end of the superwave event (Gobekli Tepe) it all fits."

ok i can take that but ,if we were capable of building Gobekli Tepe ,we certainly wer'nt savages,It would have been a main event game changer ,how come there is'nt more evidence,lets face it would be maintream news for decades if it happened now .. Exclamation but i think there is a chink in the door to ask was it us that built Gobekli Tepe . Question

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:41 pm

Pitangui have a website? Didn't see it. Is there a link to that article - didn't see that either.

As far as Tepe goes, why wouldn't we be capable? The figures on the carvings look like our brains at work (doing something).
chuckle

Ever read this? https://www.rebelnet.gr/files/catalhueyuek_en_copy0.pdf

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:23 pm

That link you put up Bern just takes me to my email box with an address..

Looks like more in depth reading from your link Jim..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next