Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

5 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 2 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Jim Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:21 pm

sunbern wrote:lots of research but no backup .surely they have done lectures and have entertained question and answer sessions ? They did seem very confident in their conclusions .It appears a lot of researchers just cant be bothered to answer e mails .I have mailed.Linda Moulton Howe twice recently not a dicky bird Evil or Very Mad Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Confidence should be based on hard data ... and yes, there seems to be enough to verify the existence of the idea. But, as usual, it's the interpretations that are the problem.

50 years ago I had what I thought was an OBE. I had a neighbor in the apartments where I lived back then, and I was introduced to the subject. One night I was in bed, and thought I'd give it a whirl. Suddenly, I sprung up in a seated position, and I was like - hmm - what's going on? I got out of bed and decided to see what I looked like. I walked over to the side of the dresser with a big mirror, and bent over to see. It would have to be described as a light being with no face, but I could see. I thought - this is weird. chuckle

Anyway, the short version is I wound up outside between the two U-shaped apartment buildings, it was night time but there was light with no seeming source. It was weird ... the north side of the apartment when I was inside was dark through the window - the south side when I walked to the window was light. dunno

At this point I said - I have to prove this is real. I looked around - saw the parked cars - and decided to get the license-plate number off the first car in the line, try to wake up, come back downstairs and verify it. I walked over to the car, squatted down to get a good look - and - all the numbers and letters disappeared ... I was looking at a blank license plate. Stuff like this doesn't happen - it was just a dream.

I woke up - said Oh well ... rolled over and went back to sleep.

The idea is, everything needs as much verification as possible. If people are meeting "religious characters" like Jesus (and even those people who have claimed to see Mary) and these characters are proven NOT to be who we think they are ... Houston, we have a problem. If people don't want to toss out the garbage and just deal with the data that's provable ... I don't know what to tell you.

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

"People all follow dead end roads and never realize they are indeed dead ends."
(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. - Page 2 Empty Study Hall

Post  Brenda Marguerite Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:22 am

Hi All. Managed to get back on for awhile. I used to do OBEs quite a lot Jim. Found myself in my friends bedroom one night described it and what she was wearing, it was right. When i was going to a dance i went into my dance partners house and left a clue as to what i was wearing, the next night we were dressed in the same colours. Had lots of fun when i was doing this for several years. I was still doing it last year going places and meeting people , one man i met and spent time with i asked him next time i saw him if he had ever been to a place with Roman like buildings that had been all broken up, he said he knew exactly where i meant he visits there when he do OBE. I have often gone to see Bernie and told him next day.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:03 pm

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Hi All. Managed to get back on for awhile. I used to do OBEs quite a lot Jim. Found myself in my friends bedroom one night described it and what she was wearing, it was right. When i was going to a dance i went into my dance partners house and left a clue as to what i was wearing, the next night we were dressed in the same colours. Had lots of fun when i was doing this for several years. I was still doing it last year going places and meeting people , one man i met  and spent time with i asked him next time i saw him if he had ever been to a place with Roman like buildings that had been all broken up, he said he knew exactly where i meant he visits there when he do OBE. I have often gone to see Bernie and told him next day.

chuckle

Yeah well ... hasn't been my luck. Maybe I should try it again sometime. dunno

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
Also, my email address was compromised and the email address on the PDF no longer works. Just make this change - @yahoo.com  

(From an experience.)
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:06 pm

Yeah well ... hasn't been my luck. Maybe I should try it again sometime

And so you should ,if i had that ability i'd be there. Brenda is definately a step closer than anyone i have ever met .People can't take pictures like she can even if she lets them use her camera ! It must be easier to communicate with some humans rather than others ( goodness knows i have tried ) it's a gift Jim and you should use it ( "it's life Jim,but not as we know it" Exclamation Arrow )

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:27 pm

sunbern wrote:And so you should ,if i had that ability i'd be there.

Yeah but that's just it ... is it an "ability?" Technically, all it should be is the exact same "consciousness" walking out of the body that leaves during NDEs. And if people can do it, and it's provable, we all should be able to do it.
It really shouldn't be any different than having an "out of car experience." chuckle

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:20 am

Jim wrote: "out of car experience."  chuckle

rotf I like it...

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jan 26, 2022 12:51 pm

Hey -you want a near death experience? Take this drug. rotf

"I also want to make it clear that I do not advocate the use of potentially harmful drugs in any way. The material in this article is not necessarily provided here for people to take ketamine in order to induce a near-death experience. This material is for informational purposes only. I have never taken ketamine myself because I have medical conditions which prevents me from doing so. However, ketamine can be a safe drug when used properly."

Sooo ... let's write an article on this and see what happens. rotf

How to Have a Near-Death Experience
by Kevin Williams
Posted on September 23, 2019

https://near-death.com/how-to-have-a-nde/

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:25 pm

watch the movie flatliners ( keifer sutherland ) about as near as it gets i would think .I enjoyed it but not everyone's cup of tea .getting out of a car can be quite hazardous round these parts .It's a cyclists haven here in the flatlands of cambridgeshire .They sneak up behind you and then just when you think it's safe to open the door they come zooming by scare the living daylights out of you they do ,They seem to know where my blind spot is Shocked

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:17 pm

Saw it on one of the Ruku channels ... said it was free, but, free translated commercials ... and I hate commercials. chuckle

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:24 am

sunbern wrote:They sneak up behind you and then just when you think it's safe to open the door they come zooming by scare the living daylights out of you they do ,They seem to know where my blind spot is Shocked

Sounds like you had a near death experience Bern.. chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:30 am

Jim wrote:How to Have a Near-Death Experience
by Kevin Williams
Posted on September 23, 2019

Or what about a spot of mirror gazing.To contact the dead.. affraid chuckle
https://near-death.com/how-to-talk-to-the-dead/

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:52 am

Del. wrote:Or what about a spot of mirror gazing.To contact the dead.. affraid chuckle
https://near-death.com/how-to-talk-to-the-dead/

Yeah - that's just what we need. chuckle

This subject is SO screwed up regarding lack of information, it isn't remotely funny. On top of this, if you look at the human history picture, how long has this "afterlife" been going on? Was it always there? Did it include all the other species of humans who totally vanished off the face of the planet and now we're here alone? Where the hell did they go? Killed off by us? Everybody but us died of diseases? They went to "another planet via ET?"

This afterlife picture seems to be real ... but as far as definitive information goes translating the entire picture ... forget it. dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:18 pm

I think you have just put the subject in a nutshell there Jim.
Its totally bizarre, and I agree with everything that you have just posted.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:22 pm

"Sounds like you had a near death experience Bern.". chuckle

hehe Del.They have recently changed our road laws to favour cyclists and pedestrians Jim ..I think it's a backward step and will lead to more road injuries and deaths than if they had left things as they were .My worry is that a lot of cyclists have very little road sense. Only a couple of days ago i rounded a blind bend only to be confronted by a whole bunch coming towards me ( two actually on my side of the road ).I was certain i was going to take a couple of em out, but the leader must have shouted back as they just dodged back in with seconds to spare .Now that was scarey..which got me to thinking an awful lot of those guys that went up early so to speak must have been cyclists and motor cyclists which then got me thinking what categories do most of the `early departers ` ( or should i say early starters ) belong to ? anyway i am guessing there will be a whole lot more rear end shunts because we now have to give way to pedestrians standing at the roadside waiting to cross regardless of crossings .Cant help thinking they've got that one wrong ...

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:29 pm

Del. wrote:I think you have just put the subject in a nutshell there Jim.
Its totally bizarre, and I agree with everything that you have just posted.

It's like the NDE approach that "memories are not stored in the brain." Really? Then why when you get old do you develop CRS (can't remember shit)? rotf

If losing recall / memory is a physical / aging issue ... and memories are not, on whatever level, stored in the brain - why is it you lose this stuff?

I say it's in two places - the brain and this "consciousness / spiritual" whatever it is. NDErs shown to be flatline dead ... still remember life here on earth during their experience ... and this isn't coming from the brain.

https://qbi.uq.edu.au/brain-basics/memory/where-are-memories-stored
hippocampus

The hippocampus, located in the brain's temporal lobe, is where episodic memories are formed and indexed for later access. Episodic memories are autobiographical memories from specific events in our lives, like the coffee we had with a friend last week.

How do we know this? In 1953, a patient named Henry Molaison had his hippocampus surgically removed during an operation in the United States to treat his epilepsy. His epilepsy was cured, and Molaison lived a further 55 healthy years. However, after the surgery he was only able to form episodic memories that lasted a matter of minutes; he was completely unable to permanently store new information. As a result, Molaison’s memory became mostly limited to events that occurred years before his surgery, in the distant past. He was, however, still able to improve his performance on various motor tasks, even though he had no memory of ever encountering or practicing them. This indicated that although the hippocampus is crucial for laying down memories, it is not the site of permanent memory storage and isn’t needed for motor memories.

The study of Henry Molaison was revolutionary because it showed that multiple types of memory existed. We now know that rather than relying on the hippocampus, implicit motor learning occurs in other brain areas – the basal ganglia and cerebellum.

sunbern wrote:They have recently changed our road laws to favour cyclists and pedestrians Jim ..

Sounds like discrimination ... get a tee-shirt - "Car Lives Matter!" rotf

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:41 pm

Sounds like discrimination ... get a tee-shirt - "Car Lives Matter!

lol!

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:47 pm

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:14 pm

"What you didn’t know is that this highly advanced technology interacts with human beings and this interaction is what makes people end up believing in the existence of spirits, aliens, and God. In other words, these people that descend from this highly advanced ancient civilization have managed to establish these false beliefs using the technologies that are in their possession. It’s not hard for you to come to this same conclusion if you spend time analizing human experiences associated with spirits, aliens, and the experiences associated with the intelligence that claims to be God. "

well who'd have thought it Exclamation

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:20 pm

sunbern wrote:"What you didn’t know is that this highly advanced technology interacts with human beings and this interaction is what makes people end up believing in the existence of spirits, aliens, and God. In other words, these people that descend from this highly advanced ancient civilization have managed to establish these false beliefs using the technologies that are in their possession. It’s not hard for you to come to this same conclusion if you spend time analizing human experiences associated with spirits, aliens, and the experiences associated with the intelligence that claims to be God. "

Just taking a quick browse through this ...

Personally - me thinks this guy is way off in outer space somewhere.
"...this data tells us that our entire civilization is being deceived since ancient times by a group of people that descends from a highly advanced ancient civilization."

I've looked at this stuff and the religious aspect IS definable via history. The Semites and Christians (and later Islam) were confused via original data from the Zoroastrian religion.

I've also looked into the paranormal (by actually doing it, from the comfort of my living room recliner under sound controlled conditions), and the base picture is definable via psychology, language, and physical events. The "paranormal" is part 2 to the NDE phenomena ... and I call it ADEs (Actual Death Experiences complete with burial).

Other things he goes into, like Automatic Writing and "stories" from the 1800s, Levitation, I have never considered worth the time to look at, because they don't mean anything to me. Were they made up? I wasn't there, but the bottom line is I'm not impressed, and they don't deal with anything I'm interested in. chuckle

His UFO approach is the same:
"Since the phenomenon of UFOs can be traced back to ancient times, this tells us that even in ancient times a group of human beings were in possession of a technology that none of us has access to. And they were roaming the Earth freely back then and they do the same even today."

Gee ... do we have any archeological information regarding an advanced human civilization? Nope. dunno

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Feb 01, 2022 4:09 pm

"Gee ... do we have any archeological information regarding an advanced human civilization? Nope. dunno "

you hav'nt been paying attention to Ancient Aliens have you ? rotf

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:12 pm

sunbern wrote:you hav'nt been paying attention to Ancient Aliens have you ?    rotf

Ancient Aliens?!?!

Study Hall. - Page 2 Giphy

rotf rotf rotf

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:49 am

Jim wrote:Gee ... do we have any archeological information regarding an advanced human civilization? Nope. dunno

Erich Von Daniken seems to think so... chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Feb 02, 2022 2:50 pm

Del. wrote:
Jim wrote:Gee ... do we have any archeological information regarding an advanced human civilization? Nope. dunno

Erich Von Daniken seems to think so... chuckle
Sure - know why? It's in my notes: "The court psychiatrist declared him a pathological liar."

rotf

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Feb 03, 2022 4:50 am

chuckle '' I rest my case '' chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:14 pm

Del. wrote: chuckle '' I rest my case ''  chuckle

chuckle

Info is out there ... it's like the NDE "future prophecies / end times" that for some odd reason had a timing in the end of the '80s - and, of course, nothing happened. Biblical scholar Dr Bart Ehrman brought out in his book Jesus: Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium:

1988 was supposed to be the year of the century, in fact,
the year of all time. 1988 was to be the year the world ended.

Proof was given in a widely distributed and remarkably influential
booklet entitled Reasons Why the Rapture Will Be in 1988. Written
by Edgar Whisenant, a former NASA rocket engineer, who presumably,
therefore, was a pretty smart fellow, the book, true to its title,
enumerated biblical and logical reasons why 1988 would be the year
that history would begin to end. Sometime during the Jewish festival of
Rosh Hashanah, September 11-13, Jesus Christ would return from
heaven to remove his followers from earth (the "rapture"), before a
seven-year period of cataclysmic disaster on the earth (the "tribulation").
The tribulation would begin at "sunset October 1988," when
the Soviet Union invaded Israel and so inaugurated World War III (p.
47). The crises that ensued would lead to the rise of a personal agent of
Satan, the Antichrist, who would lead millions away from God, and, in
the midst of worldwide ruin and despair, declare himself to be divine.
He would then try to take over the world's government, leading to a
thermonuclear war on October 4, 1995, which would devastate the
United States ("you can walk from Little Rock to Dallas over ashes
only"), throwing it into nuclear winter (temperatures would never rise
above -150° F), and eliminating its food and water supply. It wouldn't
be a pretty picture.

So - did all the "NDEers" involved in this know this work? Or, was it all paranormal?
The writing date doesn't coincide - but when did he start talking about this?
Hal Lindsey's approach may be a part of this too.

hmm

(From an experience.)
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next