Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

4 posters

Page 33 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 33 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  sunbern Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:52 am

https://youtu.be/z_8PPO-cAlA

worth a look if you are bored chuckle

This makes it easier ... I hate going to youtube.

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:51 am

sunbern wrote:https://youtu.be/z_8PPO-cAlA

I'm leaving in a bit - what's the breakdown?

This is that other work ... https://www.pdfdrive.com/science-and-the-afterlife-experience-evidence-for-the-immortality-of-consciousness-e44752204.html

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:12 pm

https://youtu.be/ivCoqsY0fh8

THANKS ,Found this also ..sorry about the u tube link but it's where i do find a lot of what i tend to watch these days Thanks also for the ok to skip the scientific part of that link you put up .I'm still chugging along with `my` version of the bible .If you can excuse my primitive research i will continue to post anything i think may be of interest as i go .

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:27 pm

The previous you tube post ( the worth a look if you are bored one ) i found fascinating as the discussion centres on the structural design of humanity by a deity rather than as Darwin would have it by natural selection . i just popped it in because i found it an interesting debate and it was playing after i had watched something else ,fell asleep ( that obviously was a no no  Sleep  ) and woke up watching this .It sort of fringes on our subject ?

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:32 pm

sunbern wrote:https://youtu.be/z_8PPO-cAlA

This makes it easier ... I hate going to youtube.

OK .. watched the video ... very good.

Where would you like to start a discussion?

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:10 pm

Sorry i am seeming to be jumping around like a box of frogs but while it is still in my mind what do you make of morphic resonance ? to my mind there are a  great many  similarities to astral travelling or remote viewing .I think you have opened pandoras box with your near death experiences book Jim .I am not technically minded but after skipping that beginning part it starts to get more than a bit interesting ..As for the other vid it is certainly thought provoking glad you liked it too .Hard to know where to start on that one though Question

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:54 pm

sunbern wrote:Sorry i am seeming to be jumping around like a box of frogs but while it is still in my mind what do you make of morphic resonance ? to my mind there are a  great many  similarities to astral travelling or remote viewing .I think you have opened pandoras box with your near death experiences book Jim .I am not technically minded but after skipping that beginning part it starts to get more than a bit interesting ..As for the other vid it is certainly thought provoking glad you liked it too .Hard to know where to start on that one though Question

Well for me, this "life" picture boils down to: What the hell are we actually in the middle of? Religion has complicated it even more with its ever changing approaches, but once you can see beyond those approaches, and realize something IS there, it's like affraid

That science / near death work cracks the door open more, and the science / afterlife approach work does too. He goes into reincarnation experiences, but for me this is all paranormal. Little kids are easy targets for this stuff, and the picture (for me at least) is that this "contact" is the actual after death spirit looking to be heard, so it finds a kid and just transfers info into his / her head. This connects to the religious history regarding reincarnation, which was broken down to a very simple picture by Professor Leopold Fischer (AKA Swami Agehananda Bharati) who summed it all up like this:

In its present form, the way people talk about it today, it is quite old, but it's not as old as people hope it would be. You have only a vestigial or marginal mention of something like transmigration in the older sections of the Veda. There is the first complete mention, though very brief, in the Brihadaranyaka Upanishad, which is quite old. But the real assumptions having to do with reincarnation come in the Puranic age, at the time that the Puranas were composed, and then of course, through Buddhism. So you might say that it reached a state of common acceptance, I would think, around 300 B.C., but not earlier. So it is old, but in its highly articulated form it is not so old — and the way it's talked about now, that's recent; that's "Theosophical Society."

There's also a breakdown here which seems to be a save of the original page that is now gone:
No Reincarnation, No Moksha, No Mukti in the Vedas.
https://mythbusterx.wordpress.com/2018/11/27/no-reincarnation-no-moksha-no-mukti-in-the-vedas/

As far as your vid, if the science aspect he's giving is right, I have no problem with it. I do have a problem with the religious "GOD" aspect, because monotheism was late in our religious picture, and like always, it constantly changed.

All I can say is that we are in the middle of something that is absolutely mind blowing. I seriously doubt if there's enough information to figure it all out ... but ... if everything is right as it sits - we'll find out soon enough.  chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:05 am

There's a rebuttal paper here if you're interested ... I'm not because I'm not a scientist and I can't prove any of this stuff outside of the historical picture.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/241757394_DNA_by_Design_Stephen_Meyer_and_the_Return_of_the_God_Hypothesis

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:55 pm

Is Consciousness More than the Brain? | Interview with Dr. Gary Schwartz.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:34 am

Maybe we are not supposed to know the answer until we croak it. scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:01 am

It seems we knew - "something" ... because historically this was the subject that was used for control of the people. Every culture was like "we have all the answers" - follow us.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:59 am

Here's another one to read ...

https://www.pdfdrive.com/7-reasons-to-believe-in-the-afterlife-a-doctor-reviews-the-case-for-consciousness-after-death-e158256232.html

More surprising still is the case of Mathieu Meilleur who, during
his NDE, met a person whom he had absolutely never met before.
Several days after his NDE, his girlfriend “happened” to show him a
photo of her former boyfriend who had been killed in a motorcycle
accident. Mathieu Meilleur immediately recognized the unfortunate
motorcycle driver as being the same as the person whom he had met
in his NDE!

whistle
chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:27 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6kDMl6N3C4

Dr Peter Fenwick - 'Consciousness and Dying'

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:32 pm

Thank you .Still reading and still here ...

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:54 pm

If you can put yourself into this picture, and then look at what we've been given as "definitive information" ... the question that should pop up is basically - where the hell are we?

hide

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:01 am

If you ask me, ''I haven't a clue'' chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:52 am

Del. wrote:If you ask me, ''I haven't a clue''  chuckle

None of us do ... chuckle Welcome to constructivism. study

And then add to this the odd picture (at least going by what we have) that it seem all "intelligent" life is bipedal? It may look different, but it's the same build. Head with a brain on top of shoulders with two arms ... a body ... two legs with feet.

Like I said ... what the hell are we in the middle of? tin foil hat

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:37 pm

DR Robert Davis ( EP 1502 ) fade to black ,Jimmy Church Science and conciousness U TUBE ( SORRY ) OR TWITTER .Sorry dont know how to share the link if you want it google search will bring it up ...

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:21 pm

sunbern wrote:DR Robert Davis ( EP 1502 ) fade to black ,Jimmy Church Science and conciousness U TUBE ( SORRY ) OR TWITTER .Sorry dont know how to share the link if you want it google search will bring it up ...

Like this ... chuckle  BTW, this thing is 3 hrs long.  affraid OK ... it looks like this starts about 37 min 28 sec in.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:01 pm

I just found it ,3 hours long ? that explains why i fell asleep listening to it the other night ! I do have trouble keeping up i must admit .I think you may have launched the blackboard rubber in my direction if i had been in one of your classes ! hide rotf

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:54 pm

sunbern wrote:I just found it ,3 hours long ? that explains why i fell asleep listening to it the other night ! I do have trouble keeping up i must admit .I think you may have launched the blackboard rubber in my direction if i had been in one of your classes !    hide rotf

rotf

It's actually shorter if you skip over the first 30-odd minutes Dr Davis isn't involved ... then it doesn't go all the way to the end either ... he starts with someone else.

I did listen to it, and I liked where he was coming from. I thought it was hysterical he was "falling asleep" cuz it was way past his bedtime ... he sounds like you. rotf

I thought he'd be interesting to talk to so I emailed him. He really doesn't talk much ... I just sent a reply to his reply and we shall see.

dunno

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:29 pm

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:15 pm

I went into this in my notes ... he tends to be excruciatingly long and drawn out, when the answer can be produced simply.

"Why do we thinking, reasoning, rational, immensely clever, supposedly
sensible beings behave so abominably and cause so much suffering and
devastation? Yes, the eternal question has been why ‘evil’?"

Why evil? Because it’s a person to person picture. EVERYTHING in this context is
the brain, and simply incorporates the idea of whether it works right or not.

dunno

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:28 am

[quote="Why evil? Because it’s a person to person picture. EVERYTHING in this context is the brain, and simply incorporates the idea of whether it works right or not.[/quote] wrote:

Well put Jim..I couldn't agree more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:43 pm

It's simple ... that's all it can be.

As far as Davis goes, I don't get it. In the vid he says people with experiences need to be talked with - but - I wrote to him - and (drum-roll) ... nothing. I didn't get into anything deep, just tried to paint an easy picture. I even brought up how odd it was that (at least according to what we have) all of these "advanced beings" are all bipedal ... just like us. All I got was that he wishes he was a geneticist. WHAT?! Shocked

I dunno ...  dunno

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 41 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 37 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum