Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 10 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Jim on Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:33 am

Happy birthday (a day late chuckle ) Brenda.

Nothing going on here ... all's quiet. I did get an email response form someone who has had some experience too ... we shall see where this goes. chuckle

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:23 pm

good evening all ,just checking in .Glad someone is showing an interest Jim .Just reading an interesting book by a pastor called Paul Wallis who is exploring the possibilities of Genesis and other bible books .it's a great read and very refreshing not to get the full on blinkered dogma that goes hend in hand as a rule with the subject .To step out of line with his perceived `faith` has to have guts if you are a man of the cloth i would have thought anyway that's what i am up to take care y'all....

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:15 am

I'm guessing that book was Escaping from Eden? Haven't read it but it sounds interesting.

I haven't found anyone who would step out of their "perceived `faith`" yet. The one I was just talking with had gotten involved in "A Course in Miracles" ... and, when I presented information regarding the picture behind Christian approaches and history ... poof - gone.

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:51 am

Sounds about right. When the going gets tough the tough get going.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:05 pm

I believe in miacles ! Gueszing it got a bit hot for that cookie in the kitchen ! Just the response Wallis got when he implied the Elohim were plural !!!..

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:11 pm

sunbern wrote:I believe in miacles ! Gueszing it got a bit hot for that cookie in the kitchen !  Just the response Wallis got when he implied the Elohim were plural !!!..

Well - it is plural but that's a big back and forth argument.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:20 am

Well - it is plural but that's a big back and forth argument.

you have to read his book Del and Jim ( it's Brenda's lol) ..I know it's easy to load things in your favour in print to create a convincing argument but the facts stack up and i am glued to it ..

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:47 pm

Technically, Elohim is a linguistic conundrum. It IS "plural" but for some odd reason (monotheism beliefs chuckle ) it's understood as singular. The Semitic history shows these Semites were polytheistic at first (like everyone else) and monotheism didn't enter the picture until Ahkenaton opened his big mouth in the 1300s BC. From there it spread to the Zoroastrian religion, and then to to Semitic religion. It's followed the road from there all the way to today.

The original idea (what's going on up in the sky) is based on a religious rewriting of everything that began back around 13,000 BC in round numbers. According to what I have in my picture - the superwave hit, ET was here if help was needed - end of story. Over time what I call proto-polytheism began, which was nothing more than a developing religious interpretational approach to ET. It went on for thousands of years and what we are sitting in today is the end result of everything.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:19 am

It went on for thousands of years and what we are sitting in today is the end result of everything. wrote:

you mean chaotic shit..... chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:45 am

Del. wrote:

you mean chaotic shit..... chuckle

I mean ALL the shit. chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:51 pm

hide lol.Well at least we are getting plenty of rain to wash it away ! The only thing that i don't get is the incredible lengths the et's must have gone to to cover their tracks .Just look at the ammount of techno junk we will leave in the fossil layer but nothing from back then ( not even a plastic bag ! ) The only thing that could possibly explain the lack of evidense is that their level of development was so far advanced that the trappings of society we surround ourselves with were left far behind in their culture Idea

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sat Oct 24, 2020 5:41 pm

I wouldn't expect any evidence ... all they did (according to the picture I have) is drop in if there was going to be a problem and evacuate people. The ancients had no connection to technological know how, even the sudden building that went on later in history was a rounded 10,000 years after the fact.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 pm

Brenda was having problems with her laptop and so had to have a total clean up .Now it seems she cant get back on here ( i don't think Norton is letting her back on )

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:22 pm

If it is - Norton sounds like a major pain in the ass. hmm

Tell her to make sure she has cookies turned on ... maybe that's it too.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:16 am

I had the same problem with Norton, chat to them.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:48 pm

She sends her regards ,i will try to sort it for her when i next see her but she has had loads of problems with her laptop since she switched to windows 10...

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Today at 9:00 am

Well ... now my daughter has the virus it seems.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Today at 2:18 pm

Brenda and i are sending prayers Jim ,i hope she is soon well again .Did'nt she live with you ?

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Today at 4:50 pm

Yeah - she asked me if I wanted to move in a year ago because they were having problems.

She doesn't seem "bad" ... just typical of having flu-like symptoms.

BTW, I went for a test today ... chuckle ... we shall see.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum