Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 9 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  Jim on Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Sent it yesterday - we shall see. In the meanwhile, you really need to read this - it seems Dr B and I are on the same page.

UFOs: Caught in a Web of Deception.
http://independent.academia.edu/RayBoeche

You have to sign in ... but oddly, when I went to it yesterday the PDF just came up. hmm chuckle

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Sorry ,mate lapse of me ,l like to keep up with your progress but had bad news and was a bit otherwise occupied ( one of my business colleagues and a good friend has just had a major heart attack ) anyway good luck .i hope to read the above over the next couple of days Arrow

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:05 pm

"You have to sign in ... but oddly, when I went to it yesterday the PDF just came up. "

As you have made contact he may have granted you access to his work ??

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:42 pm

Nope ... the sign-in thngy is back like before. I dunno.

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:56 pm

Hello only me just checking in and seeing how you are ,all kicking off again here with the virus ,hav'nt heard much recently about your side other than the fires and hurricanes .it's all a bit crazy is'nt it ,anyway take care ..

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Nothin' goin' on here ... and I mean NOTHIN'! chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:04 am

Yep, all kicking off again Bern.
Its like one big pause button, push the button it stops... Push it again and wham, it all starts again.. Too many Covidiots if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:52 pm

Yep sure is a topsey turvey world at the moment..Don't go away folks,i've got a feeling this may be the calm before the storm ,keep well and just be there .

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:23 am

I cant believe it, I had a few bad days with feeling rough so I thought I would go and get a covid19 test just to try and reassure myself that I had not got it. Blow me down, got the results back yesterday, and its positive.
Who says life isn't complicated... You can run but you cant hide.. tin foil hat

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:14 am

Seriously? What's the battle plan - stay home or care center / hospital?

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. - Page 9 Empty Study Hall.

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:18 am

Take Care Del. Make sure you self isolate. It is everywhere seems to get you even if you haven't been anywhere.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:10 am

Jim wrote:Seriously? What's the battle plan - stay home or care center / hospital?

Well as you know I'm on my own from when my wife died in 2015 of cancer.
So my plan is to stay here at home and weather the storm, it was rough last week with a three day low, I collapsed in the toilet while getting some water last Tuesday early hours 02:00. I sat on the edge of the bath thinking, should I ring for an Ambulance, well Bern and Brenda will support me on this one, don't go to hospital if you can really help it, you are more likely not to come out again with all this covid about, I didn't know I had got it at this point. The next couple of days I struggled with it, it was mainly feeling very weak aches and pains and a fever, night sweats and delirium. feeling dizzy and light headed, but amazingly it didn't go to my lungs that much, my chest felt tight and a bit wheezy but that was it. I think if I had got a chest infection pneumonia would have crept in and I would not be writing this now.  So on the Friday I decided to go and have a test. and the rest is history.  I now seem to have made a total recovery, but its a terrible virus and I wouldn't wish it on my enemy but hey ho, all those things I used to read about diabetics age and covid19, Im diabetic type2 and 70 1st December, it seems I slipped the net. I have shaken hands with the grim reaper and kissed the Devil, and am still living to tell the tale. You Guys take extra care.. cheers

PS. Someone up there must be shining on me..

Last edited by Del. on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:39 am

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Take Care Del. Make sure you self isolate. It is everywhere seems to get you even if you haven't been anywhere.

Yes I certainly will Brenda, thank you for your concern, I'm now on day eight of my quarantine period, I didn't need to worry about the eating bit, when you lose your taste and smell you also lose your appetite, so that was a plus, although Im back to normal with my taste and appetite slowly returning.
Take care Brenda.. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am

Del. wrote:PS. Someone up there must be shining on me..

WOW ... ho-ly "bleep" chuckle

Sounds like you broke all the rules ... and I'm thankful about that. cheers

Just take care as the studies are still looking into the immunity aspect the body creates. It looks good - but be careful anyway.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:31 pm

"PS. Someone up there must be shining on me.."

Of course Del mate ,no one deserves to be shined on more than you .Glad you managed to beat that hellish virus ,continue to get better fella we need you around here ..sorry i have not been about much, pretty hectic in my little world at the mo work wise ...All the very best Del ..

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:38 am

I will do my best to be sticking around for a few more years yet.. chuckle

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. - Page 9 Empty Study Hall

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:19 am

Hi Del .Glad you are feeling better, So many people suffering with this virus. two of our friends from Norfolk died earlier this year of the virus. Take care and stay safe. X. Hope you ok Jim.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Sep 30, 2020 11:57 am

Everything's good here...glad Del won the war. cheers
My brother had it - he got over it too. Some else I know wound up with circulation problems and had to have stints put in.

China needs a smack in the head for letting this all happen ... and it seems they got it with all the floods they've had. People are still waiting for that Three Gorges Dam to collapse.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:22 am

"It is striking that the genetic heritage from Neanderthals has such tragic consequences during the current pandemic," said Professor Svante Pääbo, who leads the Human Evolutionary Genomics Unit at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST).

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2020/09/200930094758.htm

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:29 am

Mmmm interesting. I cant be from Neanderthal stock then. chuckle

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:49 am

Del. wrote:Mmmm interesting. I cant be from Neanderthal stock then. chuckle

It's an interesting picture ... and allegedly, there are more "genetic links" with this in African people and a higher cultural death rate too. hmm

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:37 am

And now it seems Trump and his wife have the virus?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/02/us/politics/trump-covid.html

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:37 pm

Our genetic heritage has been scrambled more than an omlette,it never ceases to amaze me that there are so many permutations for intelligent life in evolution ,and so many iff's .How even our own evolutionary path could be repeated seems almost an impossible chance ,or is there a set of parameters that alway steer inteligence down the path that produced us ( give or take a few minor differences ) .Personally i have never believed that eight legged green eyed slime balls were capable of interplanetary travel so in order to construct craft capable of doing this dexterity and mobility would seem to be a necessity.The question will always be did we evolve naturally or were we created in the bottom of a test tube .I am reading a book at the moment by a clergyman who believes the latter and will put it on here if it's any good ..

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sun Oct 04, 2020 5:48 pm

Based on what info we have ... I find it odd that ET and "us" are bipedal and built in the same way body-wise. I believe earth was a "garden" (for lack of a better word). Things like the asteroid impact that killed the dinos, as far as I'm concerned, was deliberate ... they were in the way ... bye bye.

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2244354-asteroid-that-killed-the-dinosaurs-hit-just-right-for-maximum-damage/

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:15 am

hi there ,( Bernie here ) just read the above ,seems those dino's were a tad unlucky Sad I have often wondered if early humans may have lived alongside some of the last remnants of their era ? ) .anyway I also wonder if our development as a species would have been so successful if we had lived alongside them ( I certainly think we would have would have broken the four minute mile back then lol! ) Hope all is good with you both Brenda and I are having a long weekend together ( it was her birthday yesterday ) and I need a restful one as it has been all go this last month work wise for me .Very little to report .It seems coronavirus has occupied nearly everyone's mind and consequently nothing much coming through at all ( which just goes to show how much is made up ! ) .I go on facebook very little these days as ( .like you ) I have gotten fed up with the trivia and lack of verifiable facts on these subjects but I do use it for chatting to my friends and the funny vids are ok too . chuckle

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum