Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

That wonderful feeling of mother nature

+2
moonsong
Del.
6 posters

Go down

That wonderful feeling of mother nature Empty That wonderful feeling of mother nature

Post  Del. Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:08 am

I totally agree with you Bernie/Dreamwalker, I must confess I'm a bit of a tree hugger, I absolutely love trees, there is no better place for me than being in a forest surrounded by them, listening to the wind whispering through their branches, birds singing their little hearts out in them, the silence and stillness at dusk when the canopy of leaves cloak the creaking sounds of the forest, to live in a forest would be my ultimate dream, far away from the urbanisation of concrete towns and cities. My favourite pastime as a young person and into my teens was drawing and painting trees, at one stage I knew the names of most of them by their leaves. The lungs of the world they say, but being destroyed by the millions each day, what a tragedy.
The peoples of the forest long ago must have had a wonderful life, I cant think of anything better than sitting by a running stream listening to mother nature, when sunlight sprinkles through the leaves onto crystal clear water and the shimmering wings of dragonflies dart between the rocks..
........Ahh  bliss

Loveliest of Trees
A. E. Housman, 1859 - 1936
Loveliests of trees, the cherry now
Is hung with bloom along the bough,
And stands about the woodland ride
Wearing white for Eastertide.

Now, of my threescore years and ten,
Twenty will not come again,
And take from seventy springs a score,
It only leaves me fifty more.

And since to look at things in bloom
Fifty springs are little room,
About the woodlands I will go
To see the cherry hung with snow.                                                                        

Back to top Go down

That wonderful feeling of mother nature Empty Re: That wonderful feeling of mother nature

Post  moonsong Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

You painted such a beautiful picture with your words Del. In fact so much so that it reminds me some years ago my late husband John and I were sharing how we would like Heaven to be if we could create what we wanted after we died.
I told him I would have a little cottage right in the middle of a wood. There would be a stream running by and the floor would be carpeted in bluebells. (some time later he found a painting of a cottage in a bluebell wood and bought it for me.) I also told him that in this wood, all the wildlife would come to me unafraid. The fox and the owl, the badger and the rabbit, the stoat and the mouse. Yes, I know its all very 'Walt Disney' but thats the whole point of dreaming up Heaven!

Five months after he died I got chance to go and see a lady who was practicing to be a medium. I was told she had the gift but was too shy and nervous to get up in public and demonstrate it. Her husband encouraged people to come to the house for a sitting (for free) to help her practice and get some confidence.
It was bonfire night and as I didnt know the chap very well that set this up (I met him through a bookshop I used to own) I took along one of my sons who was then 16.

The couple were very hospitable and had also invited some of their friends. There was food and drink and music and the energies were very positive.
The husband told me just to relax and join in with the company and that his wife would tune in and speak up if she got anything. It was all very informal. He also said not to give her any information but just 'yes' or 'no' answers.

For quite a while she sat in the corner as if in a little world of her own. I glanced at her now and then but I was taken up with the company which was full of lively chatter.
Then suddenly she looked up and said, "Oh what a beautiful place! He is showing me somewhere you both went on holiday".
I thought thats not right because due to John being on dialysis we could never go on holiday.
I looked at her blankly.
Then she said, "Where is this place that you must have been together? Its a little cottage in a wood and theres bluebells everywhere. You must tell me as I want to go there!"
The penny dropped for me then but before I could say anything she got all excited, "Oh gosh! He's got a fox by his side and an owl on his arm and theres other animals he is showing me now. Ive never seen a place like it before; where is it?!"
There was a deathly silence now and all eyes were upon me. I felt embarrassed that I was going to have to explain to a bunch of strangers a very private conversation my husband and I had shared a couple of months before he died.
But I did because the lady deserved the recognition. OK she got it a bit wrong as it wasnt a holiday location he was showing her but never the less she got my little piece of Heaven spot on!
There was other things she said throughout the night and at one stage she told me John was standing right next to me and that if I held my arm out he would try and push it.
This he duly did. I could feel all this vibrating energy along my bare arm and then he pushed it back down onto the table. It upset me a bit to know he was so close and yet I couldnt see him.

So yes Del, a forest or wood is my most favourite place on earth and...in Heaven! And thank you for reminding me of that happy memory.
Love the poem about the tree as well.
(((hugs)))
moonsong

moonsong

Back to top Go down

That wonderful feeling of mother nature Empty Re: That wonderful feeling of mother nature

Post  Dreamwalker Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:41 pm

Wow Del,that is a lovely post and so true.i would love to live in a forest as well.the sounds and feelings are magical.
That is such a beautiful and amazing experience Moonsong.it reminded me of my guide bringing my daughter through to me,i lost a baby when i was twenty,she was stillborn and had a condition not compatibleh life,my arms were empty for so many years and ached to hold her,to say goodbye properly.being young at the time of her birth i was too frightened to see her and hold her,i regretted that for a long time.one night my guide brought her through,i could actually feel the weight of her in my arms,and i spoke to her,it was such a beautiful and moving experience and helped me so much.
Dreamwalker
Dreamwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:35 am

moonsong wrote:You painted such a beautiful picture with your words Del. So yes Del, a forest or wood is my most favourite place on earth and...in Heaven! And thank you for reminding me of that happy memory.
Love the poem about the tree as well.
(((hugs)))
moonsong

And even bigger (((hugs))) to you moonsong and DW, Hope you enjoyed your sherbet moonsong... bounce

Back to top Go down

Post  moonsong Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Dear Dreamwalker my heart goes out to you. I cant think that there is anything worse in life than losing a child.
That is such a beautiful experience you had and I'm so happy for you. Thank you for sharing such a very special thing. I love you Xxx

moonsong

Back to top Go down

Post  moonsong Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:49 pm

Hi Del, yes thank you very much for the sherbert! Very Happy
Why is my post background a green colour? I didnt make it green. Must have pressed something by mistake!
(((hugs to Del))) Wink

moonsong

Back to top Go down

Post  Dreamwalker Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:26 pm

Thankyou Moonsong,it took me a long time to understand it and come to terms with it. xx Smile I love you
Dreamwalker
Dreamwalker

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite Sat May 02, 2015 9:48 am

what a lovely post del it really touched my heart strings is'nt it strange ( or meant to be ) that this forum has brought together such like minded people i just wish i had a country retreat in a forest where i could invite you all ( i'm working on it or at least doing the lottery every week ! ) ,calmness and tranquility go hand in hand with nature , even the need for carnivores to eat other species can be understood when trhe balance of nature is considered. man is the odd one out ( which leads me even more to believe we have not evolved alongside nature ) but with souls like ours maybe there is still hope ,we must pass on as much as we can to youngsters and keep faith with our beliefs Well done Del loved your poem and Dreamwalkers and Moonshine piece. Brenda

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sun May 03, 2015 9:27 am

Heartfelt thanks Brenda......xxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:06 am

http://martinjclemens.com/the-clapham-wood-mystery/

The forest can also be a place of many mysteries.

Back to top Go down

Post  Scottish Lassie Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:26 am

Hi Everybody, I love Nature too and it is really wonderful to walk through a forest of fir trees especially, the air is so fresh and the aroma of the fir trees so heavenly.

Scottish Lassie

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:36 pm

plenty where you come from Scottish lassie and in rendlesham forest where we go too ( although they are doing their best to cut them down ) agree with you the smell from the pine needles and cones on the forest floor on a misty day is fantastic and one of the reasons I enjoy going there so much ....

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum