Theoratorium
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Study Hall.

4 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Study Hall. - Page 23 Empty Re: Study Hall.

Post  sunbern Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:52 am

Jim wrote:I'd need a life before a holiday ... chuckle

Awww mate ,cheer up ,you know we are always here if you want to unload a bit of baggage so to speak dunno

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:13 am

Just a joke ... chuckle

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:
https://cyberyoshi.wixsite.com/jamesfinn

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:42 am

It hasn't stopped raining since I got back...

“Be prepared!" came a pervading voice. "There will be
severe climate changes that will seem to happen
instantaneously.

Ooops.... Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:52 am

Del. wrote:It hasn't stopped raining since I got back...

“Be prepared!" came a pervading voice. "There will be
severe climate changes that will seem to happen
instantaneously.

Ooops.... Shocked
chuckle

Believe it or not, there was another person I tripped over that's been spouting this approach too.
https://www.marshallsummers.com/

Just to give you an idea ... his wife is in worse shape than he is.

If you want to read my notes, click here - there's a PDF link at the bottom of the page:

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:44 am

Just to add to the above, there is a LOT of material ... but this one quote begins to sum up a "problem."

https://alliesofhumanity.org/false-second-coming/
"It is our understanding that the true Jesus will not return to the world, for he is working in concert with the Unseen Ones and serves humanity and other races as well. The one who will come claiming his name will come from the Greater Community."

This approach totally negates the research involved in this ONE SUBJECT TOPIC. It's going off in a delusional state and people who (as usual) have no clue regarding the biblical research involved might just follow it as is.

Research shows the error in the "Jesus return" material as a simple error ... he was supposed to return 2000 years ago, but, they were wrong. Period. Doesn't go any further than that. This has been verified by PhD biblical scholars, top of the list is Dr Bart Ehrman.

Just taking the above quote as it sits, and believing he DID receive "spiritual information" (and that this is not some mental illness picture) - it seems to be the typical "paranormal" experience where they take a particular subject and twist it into something else.

If this ONE ERROR exists, the rest has got to be as bad, if not worse.

There's a ton of stuff here ... https://alliesofhumanity.org/home/

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:55 pm

Wow ,there is a lot of content there ,that guy has been spouting ( and writing ) for years and i had'nt even heard of him until you just posted up some of his work Jim .Personally i find it difficult to take what he is saying seriously ,for no other reason than it just does'nt sit right with me and watching that emotional outburst from his wife just compounds the doubt .He has exploited a niche in my opinion ( like so many others that profess to have made contact with whatever ) In all this time nothing has happened and although i hear all around me the `signs`are out there i find nothing that personally gives me any concrete evidence of an imminent happening .I hav'nt got a closed mind though and i will continue to remain receptive to anything if it looks worthy of study .looking

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Well this has been my conundrum for years ... I've had these "experiences" too, but mine taught one main lesson ... whatever it is, rip it apart, look at the pieces, toss out the garbage, see what's left and go from there. Another good approach is to turn off the emotional part of your brain ... just use logic. As far as I'm concerned, I looked at this stuff for about 15 minutes - found a critical error, and now all the "red lights" are flashing. If this WAS spiritually based and not "mental illness" - bottom line - there should be NO MISTAKES.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:57 am

I'm still trying to figure out where the dividing line is between paranormal and mental illness with this guy. There's a breakdown here: https://www.newmessage.org/gods-messenger/who-is-marshall-vian-summers

In 1981, at the age of 32, he had a direct encounter with the Unseen Ones, the Angelic Presence who had been guiding and preparing him all along. This encounter forever altered the course of his life and initiated him into a deeper relationship with them, requiring that he surrender his life to God.

Soon after this encounter, Marshall knew he had to leave his students and his teaching, his relationships and his home in the city to wander again. This was a difficult, inexplicable and solitary period for him. His wandering led him to retreat in the desert of the American Southwest where the Angelic Presence came to him again. And so began the long, mysterious process of receiving God’s New Message for humanity.

There's also a video with his son in that article, and he seems as delusional as mom - welcome to the impact of folie a deux.
https://psychcentral.com/disorders/shared-psychotic-disorder-symptoms/

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:23 am

I totally agree with what you said Bern. He has found a niche and is sticking it out as long as he can, the wife seems to have fallen under his spell with a passion...

''Jim''

His wandering led him to retreat in the desert of the American Southwest where the Angelic Presence came to him again. And so began the long, mysterious process of receiving God’s New Message for humanity. wrote:

Sounds like he thinks he's the new messiah not the messenger...

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 am

The time period, which seems to run from at least the mid-70s up to his "encounter with the Unseen Ones" in '81, coincides with A LOT stuff going on back then.

Odd part is, I never knew this "stuff" was even going on back then, and wouldn't till '93 when the subject was dropped on me to look into.  dunno

chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:10 pm

There's also a video with his son in that article, and he seems as delusional as mom - welcome to the impact of folie a deux.

Hehe ,most of our MP's would'nt pass that sort of scrutiny rotf

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:03 pm

I'll tell ya, the "behind the scenes" aspect of this picture is REALLY screwed up - why they are allowed to be here is beyond me. Even the ancient biblical "explanation" ... there was a war in heaven, and god tossed them all down to the earth - Gee - thanks "god."

chuckle

Study Hall. - Page 23 Tumblr_o43t2dTwSY1ro8ysbo1_500

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:39 am

Jorge Luis Borges

lol! rotf chuckle

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:18 am

cheers lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:48 am

Are we all on our holidays again ? Here's one for you ,Why have ET's gone shy since the advent of modern photographic technology ? scratch

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:07 pm

sunbern wrote:Are we all on our holidays again ? Here's one for you ,Why have ET's gone shy since the advent of modern photographic technology ? scratch

No, just took advantage of the quiet and wrote a 10 page why christianity is wrong paper.

As far as "ET" goes, we don't know where the dividing line is between truth and BS in this subject - which is why, when I hear something, I basically ignore it anyway.

chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:16 am

My Norton security has started blocking this site saying its a dangerous site and advises to not open..
How weird is that..

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:19 am

Could be the HTTP address instead of the secure HTTPS ... scratch

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:41 am

I sent Clonus a message ... dunno what's goin on.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Study Hall. - Page 23 Empty Study Hall.

Post  Brenda Marguerite Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:54 pm

Del . Bernie and myself have got same message. But I get round it. Have had this message 2 years ago.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Sun Jun 30, 2019 3:36 pm

Only message I get is when I sign in ... and that has to do with HTTPS not being there.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:00 am

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Del . Bernie and myself have got same message. But I get round it. Have had this message 2 years ago.

Hi Brenda,
Its only just started over the weekend, I just click on continue to site..
Bit off putting though.

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:36 am

Got straight through this morning.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:48 am

Haven't heard from Clonus...but I'm guessing whatever this is, is OK? scratch

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:08 am

Bernie still couldn't get on last night. Despite trying everything.

Brenda Marguerite

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next