Study Hall.

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Re: Study Hall.

Post  sunbern on Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:08 am

all the very best to you all too ,keep posting and i will keep my annoying ? comments coming in 2019 chuckle hide

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

View user profile http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:22 pm

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:27 pm

Well, it is as part of how we lost everything and what happened to us.

The idea is, when people look at religion trying to find answers, they only look at the religion - and you can't do that. You have to look at the entire historical picture to see how it fits in.

The Semites were exactly the same as everyone else - polytheism / henotheism - they were not monotheistic. Monotheism is traceable to Ahkenaton, and it spread from there. If the foundational idea is traceable to an earlier source, and can be seen as an absorption by others as time went on, what's the interest regarding the doctrines attached?

This is a biggy for people to step over ... but history has been nothing but religion in a context of "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" for thousands of years.

It's like Christianity - if you actually READ the text, it simply states this "return and end of the world" was expected 2000 rounded years ago. "MENTAL PROGRAMMING" has brought it into the 21st century. Do people see it? No. Do people WANT to see it? No.

dunno

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:42 am

yep i see that we HAVE to work with the facts and we have no use for a control structure that never existed ( except in the eyes of the early human control element of humanity ) Blind faith is a very powerful tool but the fear element seems hardwired into our brains probably because we needed it as a survival strategy in the early days of human development we are still living with the carry over .Unforfunately the fear of a fiery end is enough to trigger the herd instinct in so many .

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:03 am

If people broke "thinking" down to its 2 component approaches - logic and emotion - and put the "emotional" part on hold (controlled empathy) it would work A LOT better. Then all you are dealing with is a breakdown picture that says - "Well, that's what the information says ... prove me wrong please."
chuckle

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:31 am

Happy new year guys... bounce

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:06 am

And you Del ,jim and Brenda jocolor sunny

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:11 pm

Back at cha ... here we go again ... rotf

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:47 am

lol! fraid so ,you did'nt think you were gonna get a peaceful new year did you ? chuckle

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:58 pm

Inwardly I was kinda hopin' ... chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:54 am

I wonder what crap this year will bring.. hide

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:16 pm

Del. wrote:I wonder what crap this year will bring.. hide
Crap is crap ... comes in different colors and consistencies ... but it's still just crap. chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:25 pm

have fallen foul of a lot of it over the years but this year i am definately going to concentrate on some of the more `reliable` sources of information and try to stay away from the facebook Garbage truck !!

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:58 am

I don't do social media. Period. chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:34 am

Nope...Signed up to FB many years ago but never did use it and never will.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:49 pm

Del. wrote:Nope...Signed up to FB many years ago but never did use it and never will.

I'm rapidly going off it Del so don't go away or i will have to bin my laptop !!!!

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:09 pm

The social media thing has another bad connection ... not watching where you are going. These people are so engrossed in this crap - they literally can die ... and they DON'T STOP DOING IT. dunno

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:21 am

I think the mobile phone, has been transplanted onto 95% of the population at birth.....chuckle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:42 am

Del. wrote:I think the mobile phone, has been transplanted onto 95% of the population at birth.....chuckle  
It's almost like a movie. This crap started to take off in the 40s with radio, where everyone gathered around the radio to listen to shows. Then TV in the 50s, along with music aimed at young people who carved out a space in society for themselves. This expanded into the "60s" with drugs and music, and that idea carried on for a couple more decades of techno advances. Then computers in the 90s ... on and on with this techno crap to this phone shit.

If you look at that video ... their brains simple don't work. These people can't even cross a street without dying.

I go to the gym, and everyone is doing whatever, and on their phones in between exercise reps. They're walking on treadmills looking at their damn phone.

I sneak up on some of them - they don't even know I'm there - then they wake up and look at me and I say "The Matrix has you." They just stare at me for a few seconds and either laugh or try to explain how they are trying to get away from it. I tell them - leave it in your locker ... and it's like impossible for them to do.

My grandson just got some computer oriented watch that's a phone too ... give me a break.
chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:13 pm

I would'nt throw my phone away but as for being a slave to it, no way it's a tool just like all the others i use on a daily basis it lands me work and i can give fast answers ( which can mean the difference between getting a job or not sometimes ) but that's it and last but not least it keeps me in touch with my loved ones ( who can sometimes be spread around the globe ! ) Very Happy

sunbern
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 pm

I use mine for communication (calls, texts) and check the weather ... that's it. chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:35 am

I have one but never take it about with me unless I know I am going to receive a specific call.
So I look around me and everyone is engrossed in their phones, they are obsessed and possessed by them.
Just look around on public transport or restaurants, Its like spot the person not on a mobile....Rolling Eyes

That's my New Years rant over.... lol!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:54 pm

chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:19 am

That picture reminds me of the shopping mall I go to...''Hehe'' whistle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Del. wrote:That picture reminds me of the shopping mall I go to...''Hehe'' whistle
Pretty much the picture everywhere here ... I get it - but I don't get it. dunno

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 18 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next