Study Hall.

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Re: Study Hall.

Post  Jim on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:06 am

Yeah, pretty much ... that and any earthquake scenario that's ready to go chuckle
I really wish someone would prove me wrong. dunno

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

General Discussion.

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:57 am

But Jim what would you do, if someone did prove you wrong.? You would be bored..X

Brenda Marguerite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Did'nt see one in the uk did you Del Shocked chuckle Wonder how many of those volcanos went up when the gulf of Mexico asteroid hit and put paid to the dinosaurs they had it good i would say cos neuclear power stations had'nt been invented back then affraid

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern

View user profile http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:33 pm

Brenda Marguerite wrote:But Jim what would you do, if someone did prove you wrong.? You would be bored..X

Nah, I'd live out the rest of my days waiting for phase two of this picture ... THAT'S when the fun begins. chuckle

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:19 am

''Hehe'' What will poor Robin do then..... Wink

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:49 am

Probably afterlife studies. I was listening to Penn Jillette's (Penn and Teller) approach and he's missing a BIG chunk of the picture. Everything I've looked at says it's there ... we just have no defining information - it's all been replaced by "religion."

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:49 pm

Ohhh ,to see the vatican's secrets ,i bet a pound to a penny it's all in there alien

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:31 pm

sunbern wrote:Ohhh ,to see the vatican's secrets ,i bet a pound to a penny it's all in there alien

Nah ... this was something we can't even say was known ... and actually, it makes sense. "Religion" has built itself on the foundation that they have all the answers ... yet everyone says something different. That's mental control.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:42 am

I bet there is more than we could ever imagine behind those Vatican doors Bern.. alien

But I take your point about mental control Jim..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:30 am

So do i as it happens, control and power is what religion is all about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pb6Ty2uuk8

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:09 am

And this is why, when trying to figure things out, it's better to figure out what a thing is NOT, leaving you with a smaller pile of information to work with.
chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:00 pm

Jim wrote:And this is why, when trying to figure things out, it's better to figure out what a thing is NOT, leaving you with a smaller pile of information to work with.
chuckle

small piles suit me just fine chuckle

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:52 pm

I wouldn't touch that line with a 10 ft. pole. rotf

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:31 pm

lol! chuckle rotf

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:44 am

I thought the same thing when I read it.... chuckle tin foil hat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:02 am

come on back on topic folks hide

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:39 am

chuckle

OK ... here's a question ... ready? alien

Regarding the subject of ET, why is it that everything presented shows they have a physical body like ours? Bipedal, two arms, head with a brain in it? What's really going on out there - why are we the same physical structure?

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

General Discussions.

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:41 pm

Jim they are not supposed to have emotions, that is why they don't understand our emotions. Also do not have human sexual structure. All types have a head although not the same, legs and arms. Although they have eyes, nose, mouths. They are completely different to humans. But I see your point. Then all living things being it a animal or insect even worms, snails and slugs have eyes nose and mouths. Evelution came along and gave all these things to all living things. Can't wait for your answer Jim.

Brenda Marguerite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:54 pm

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Jim they are not supposed to have emotions, that is why they don't understand our emotions.
I said basically the same thing regarding my experiences with (what I believed was) them ... they were the direct opposite of whatever spiritual connection I had. I will say one thing though, their approach to thinking is right on. An analysis of the thinking process shows the "emotional" aspect gets in the way, hence my approach to "controlled empathy." Logic is IT as far as I'm concerned.

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Jim they are not supposed to have emotions, that is why they don't understand our emotions.
Also do not have human sexual structure. All types have a head although not the same, legs and arms. Although they have eyes, nose, mouths. They are completely different to humans. But I see your point. Then all living things being it a animal or insect  even worms, snails and slugs have eyes nose and mouths. Evelution came along and gave all these things to all living things. Can't wait for your answer Jim.

Well the direction I'm going is that the "final outcome" of the picture - is that we all are the same "basic" structural build. Yeah, maybe they genetically altered themselves more for reasons only they know, but, the base picture is the same.

The question is: How far across the universe does that go?  

It would seem to be the best build for what we have to do here on earth - and then too, if we go to the "hereafter" ... they all must go too. Why would THAT just be us?

Our problem is that we limit our thinking to just us ... but it seems this might be a MUCH bigger picture, and if true, it's organized straight across the board ... this is ONE "family" universe. If right, it would make sense they'd show up to help because of a - disaster.

hmm

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:59 am

OK, as an add on here ... now I have spoken with THREE psychologists, this last one was a PhD and has an interest in the spiritual / paranormal. Bottom line ... he read my work to date, said he found it "fascinating" and "I really was honored to read your work" ... BUT ... NO HELP.
What IS IT with these people?

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

General Discussion

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:12 am

Have had the same thing Jim with my studies and work. Want to read it then nothing, but later have found my research intermingled with their work. This have happened on several occasions. Some of these people who have done this are scientist. It's annoying they don't even give me credit for the research.

Brenda Marguerite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Yeah, that picture has been in my head too ... unfortunately for them, I save emails and all my work is copyrighted.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:21 pm

Since when did worms have eyes Bren ? hide

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:48 pm

Jim wrote:chuckle

OK ... here's a question ... ready?  alien

Regarding the subject of ET, why is it that everything presented shows they have a physical body like ours? Bipedal, two arms, head with a brain in it? What's really going on out there - why are we the same physical structure?

my take on that would be that this planet is the only example of life in the universe we have discovered and although we have recently found extreme lifeforms in the most inhospitable places here on earth ( thermal vents ,lakes covered in ice etc ) we still don't have evidence of a lifeform that can survive without water or in a gaseous environment so maybe it is possible for sea creatures to evolve into super intelligent beings without leaving the water ( on a waterworld ) but it is hard to see how they would get around the universe and visit other planets ( their tanks would slop around a bit at those extreme speeds and manoever's !!!! d'oh i don't have a problem with conciousness surviving without a body though and i am coming round to the idea that sentient life can exist in the form of orbs and mist type ectoplasm close to us and can even interract with us at certain times .But given the laws of gravity i feel that creatures similar ( but possibly not identical ) to us are the most likely out there in the great cosmos ..

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:16 pm

All I'm trying to get at is that what we have as knowledge (which isn't a hell of a lot) is pointing to the idea of "same construction." Yeah, there are differences (larger heads / number of fingers) but the main layout is the same. That doesn't work all by itself ... that's a genetically manipulated picture.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next