Study Hall.

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

Re: Study Hall.

Post  Del. on Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:17 am

Thanks Brenda, hope you overcome the problem you are taking those tablets for... flower

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:24 am

Thanks Del . It was for my Diabetes. Hope you are keeping well.

Brenda Marguerite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Thanks Del . It was for my Diabetes. Hope you are keeping well.

Ahh yes ... diabetes and whistle  ... pills. I'm diabetic too, and this is what I found.

They put you on "pills" jumping to the unproven conclusion that "insulin resistance" is the problem. They NEVER prove it. They had me on metformin, I developed a slight case of diabetic nephropathy, and one day I was put on insulin (like almost 20 years later).

Anyway, I decided to figure this out for myself, and "I" quit the "pills" part of the picture, and just took insulin. I brought my A1C down to normal ( last one was 5.8 ) and the nurse asked me ... "How are you doing this?" (Seriously?)

Anyway, the bottom line is that insulin resistance MUST BE PROVEN. How? By taking "insulin," if you are "resistant," it won't work. If it works, it's pancreatic exhaustion - a whole different picture.

All these morons want to do is sell pills. You may not NEED pills.

It's like ... if your car tire is going flat, what do you pump it up with ... water? Or AIR.

I don't take pharmaceuticals unless it's absolutely necessary ... if I can go natural, I do. As far as insulin resistance goes,  it has to be proven - by you taking insulin.

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:14 pm

Thanks Jim for your reply. I am not on injections, doing it by diet. for the last seven years. Dr told me my suger level was high at 7.5, thats why he put me on a tablet. Hospital told me years ago anything under 12.5 was alright.

Brenda Marguerite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:19 am

If we are talking A1C numbers, in the 5's are normal, the low 6's are an alert, and above that is a "problem." Insulin is the bottom line ... you need to replace what's "missing" - unless insulin resistance is "proven." There's a lot of rhetoric out there about certain foods that are supposed to be "good" for diabetics ... like nuts (peanuts, walnuts). I don't see it. Nutritionally, yeah they are good, but there is a call for MORE insulin for some odd reason. Then too, if you have preexisting "joint" problems, the arginine and omega 6 in these nuts will get you too.

The "food effect" problem is unreal for people who are "older" ... like the loss of circulation as we get older, and foods (that for guys) shut down the testosterone / 5AR / DHT process. Lycopene is found in foods for example, that shut this process down ... we may have gotten over it when we were young - but - not when we get older. Why aren't told this stuff? Oh ... sell pills ... now I get it. whistle

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:58 am

Now aint that strange, I was diagnosed Diabetic type 2 with a count of 6 three years ago and put on one Metformin daily and told to lose weight, I was 16 1/2 stone, I lost 3 stone and my 6 count dropped to normal, but the doc said he would keep me on the Metformin as a maintenance dose.
Is all of this a load of BS, what are we supposed to believe.. scratch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Del . I refused to go on Metformin as that made my niece seriously ill also my brother was on that and was also ill. The tablet that made me ill had Metformin in it. Glad i didn't carry on taking it. IN the 2 weeks i was on it i lost a stone in weight.

Brenda Marguerite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:32 am

Had no effects on me so far Brenda, thanks for the info though.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:41 am

Del. wrote:Now aint that strange, I was diagnosed Diabetic type 2 with a count of 6 three years ago and put on one Metformin daily and told to lose weight, I was 16 1/2 stone, I lost 3 stone and my 6 count dropped to normal, but the doc said he would keep me on the Metformin as a maintenance dose.
Is all of this a load of BS,  what are we supposed to believe.. scratch

If you get a meter and check your blood sugar before your eat, and then about an hour after, you will have all the information you need as to what's going on. If you are on metformin, stop taking it and see what happens with the meter readings.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:18 am

Will try that Jim..

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:00 am

Del. wrote:Will try that Jim..

The idea is, if there IS a "problem" ... it should first be handled with insulin. For me, under "normal" eating conditions, 10 units of insulin worked, meal to meal. When I added "nuts" to this for nutrition (first peanuts, then crushed walnuts), the nuts caused this number to double. It's all about WHAT you eat ... and technically meals should be portion controlled. I tried Apple Cider vinegar too, and this caused a 5 unit rise.

If the insulin fails to work, then maybe you are looking at insulin resistance, and metformin (or something else) may be needed. All I can say is gather numbers and see what is going on. I HATE pharmaceuticals ... period. And I'll ONLY take them if nothing else in the "natural" picture works.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:35 pm

This old horse needs a bit of a geee up !!!! nothing doin on the ufo scene at all ( or maybe i am seeing through the veil of contrived nonsense and lies ) Think it's time i make a real effort to connect with the universe and try to be more positive ..

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern

View user profile http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:29 am

I know what you mean Bern.

Tried what you said Jim about different foods, and the readings are up and down as you say, ah well what the heck I can live with it, I wont be losing any sleep over it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:20 am

I wondered about iodine too ... now this is something you have to be careful with, they say 150 MICROGRAMS (not MILLIGRAMS) is what you need. Also there is a difference between potassium iodide and natural iodine like in kelp. The iodide is not as good as the natural iodine, and I have that in my vitamins. But I have been dragging and thought I'd try the kelp iodine too.

End results so far are - sleep is better, not dragging around as much, cognition is better too. You should look this up if you think it's interesting for you.

What kind of "connection" are you thinkin' about Bernie? alien   chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:19 pm

What kind of "connection" are you thinkin' about Bernie? alien chuckle .Ok i know this may sound a little wakky to you maybe but meditation brings me closer to what i am referring to and i am not getting in the right frame of mind lately to clear the clutter of my daily routine from my head ,maybe i need a holiday too Del .

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:18 am

No, meditation doesn't sound wacky ... depending on what goes on, if it's just relaxing - go for it. If it gets - odd - it could be going down the raised endogenous DMT level road. What a Face

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:21 am

DMT level !! ''Hehe'' you will certainly connect with the universe Bern. chuckle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Marguerite on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:20 am

Yep (it's me not Brenda ) ,agreed it can get pretty intense ,what usually happens to me ( and it did last night ) is i go somewhere ( i know not where) and usually come back with a bump ,you know Del a bit like the Mr Bean moment where he lands on the ground in the beam of light,it's almost as if they chuck me back like an angler does a fish when it's off the hook Exclamation I can only liken it to a purification process cos i feel a load better after the return voyage bounce

Brenda Marguerite

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 am

Brenda Marguerite wrote:Yep (it's me not Brenda ) ,agreed it can get pretty intense ,what usually happens to me ( and it did last night ) is i go somewhere ( i know not where) and usually come back with a bump ,you know Del a bit like the Mr Bean moment where he lands on the ground in the beam of light,it's almost as if they chuck me back like an angler does a fish when it's off the hook Exclamation I can only liken it to a purification process cos i feel a load better after the return voyage bounce

The idea of "go somewhere (I know not where)," coupled with your description and outcome, sounds like endogenous DMT.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:41 am

I think you are connecting Bern. Shocked

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 am

Kind of like the "research" floating around on this topic, the "explanations" vary too.
First off, real research has no clue where DMT comes from. People have said pineal gland - lungs - but, research has no proof, and this according to an email I got from Dr Richard Strassman.
Second, the best counter argument as to what goes on during "trips" on this stuff (over the top amounts, NOT endogenous levels) is actually presented by sociopaths. The base idea is, normal people see this "beings" picture and start to flip out - a sociopath analyses it. You can go through this post and look up more stuff.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychonaut/comments/4o5g3x/a_sociopath_psychonauts_view_on_psychedelics/

As far as the endogenous levels and "seeing things" goes, it's like having a weird dream ... which is probably endogenous DMT too. The idea is not to get immediately carried away by what you see ... because it could all be made up in your head.

Yes, this approach has been part of "religion" for a LONG time ... but we are talking "over the top amounts" and it's like taking LSD in the '60s and thinking what you saw was real.

As always, don't take it as it sits ... research it.

study

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:43 pm

Great posts Del and Jim ,think maybe that could be the key to DMT experiences ,I'm wondering if the levels are variable in individuals ( some having above normal ammounts making for a much improved rate of connection ) whilst most of us possibly have the ability but need to work on the connection element ( just an observation based on what you have posted here and my real life viewpoint .) Idea

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:23 pm

My real interest in this is the endogenous aspect, but unfortunately, it's like REALLY hard for them to study. Allegedly, we have small amounts in our system, and even these small amounts could cause "thinking" problems (slightly delusional) - hence the "hard data" approach. When these amounts climb up, anything could happen, from ghosts to alien abductions.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:11 am

I took lots of LSD/Mescaline in the late sixties early seventies, it was an amazing experience, but had some bad ones as well. It never seeped over into any spiritual aspects as I can recall. It was mainly music and art that influenced the state of mind on every trip, colourful as they were.
I never got into the spiritual thing until much later, I started to read and explore things after reading Crowley's books and teachings. I know you have said he was a complete Waco Jim, and I do agree, but as we know, there are things out there that defies logical explanation.
I would like to know what is triggering those things that you experience Bern, how long do they last, and what do you see or experience, if you don't mind saying, is it scary or pleasurable.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:29 am

I never did anything but pot ... and it was the good stuff, not this crap floating around today chuckle Gave it up at the end half of the 70s. I have no idea what hallucinogens (or anything else) are all about. I had my 12-string guitar, I'd play with my friend, we wrote songs and laughed our asses off. I had more fun back then than any time in my life. My research began back then, but it would be years before I got out of the mud puddle of religion.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 41 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41  Next