Study Hall.

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Study Hall.

Post  sunbern on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:31 pm

that's just it ,the point I was trying to make ,I guess if you asked ten people what they thought about the subject you would get ten different answers and every one of them speculative ,in truth we are no further on than we were when we first started to discuss this subject.i don't see any physical proof and my search continues ,then WHY do I believe ,well I would say on the strength that we are discussing the subject ( and have been for a long time ) then we must all feel at least a strength of belief that holds us to this place and keeps us searching for answers .....my only `sighting` was an enlightening experience but I didn't touch anything or see beings that didn't look like me ,I just felt a tingle that said to me this isn't right ( normality ) but what I saw COULD have been created by an earthbound laser or something man made ,as I say I am a believer but on the strength of my own personal observations there is no way I would try to convince others...

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern

View user profile http://huntswl@hotmail.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:41 pm

sunbern wrote:to take the above a stage further and I have long thought this may be a possibility .we were never meant to get hold of their technology and when we did ( ufo crashed or brought down by a freak accident i.e roswell ) `they ` tied our hands on what we could do with the knowledge ..why else are we still using liquid propellants in our spacecraft and spending a small fortune discovering the nearer regions of our universe when we are in all probability sitting on anti gravity technology ?????? alien these little fellas hold the whip hand ,that's why .....in a nutshell we have to learn to walk before we can run .there is no place for us in the intergalactic collective until we can govern our own planet peacefully ,lets put it another way if we looked at an inferior race from a safe distance and we saw they may be a thorn in our side I'm sure we would want to hold them at arms length until we were perfectly sure we could trust them and they wouldn't be a threat to us....

Well "IF" we take the "stolen (or whatever) technology" idea as it sits, and add the fact they've known "it is coming" since the '50s, then to me it would be better to "hide it" and make a way to get off this planet and leave us behind. They had to have figured out by now that if this picture if right, "staying here" is a lose / lose scenario, if for no other reason than the atomic reactors going critical planet-wide. But then if that was true, do you really think ET would let them go?  whistle

This is what we have - nothing. We are SUPPOSED to have "the context" - but, we lost that. The elimination of all hard data makes critical thinking impossible, hence the circles people travel in.  

Dr Robert Davis, who is NOT happy with this subject at all, said:

A major goal for UFO researchers should be to establish agreed upon principles and theories to be tested by recognized scholars among different scientific disciplines, and supported by independent studies to verify research outcomes.  This research mission, however, is impeded by the following: 1) intangible personal accounts serve as the primary source of UFO evidence for study.  There is a lack of tangible, objective UFO evidence available for study, 2) UFO investigations have been generally conducted by those with relatively little or no educational background or advanced degree in a scientific discipline, 3) comparatively few investigations involve the analysis of physical evidence such as alleged fragments and ground traces from UFO landings, UFO photos and videos, visual-radar confirmation, and physiological effects, among others, by appropriate scientists, 4) it lacks a widely approved theory of its phenomena, 5) research cannot be performed and replicated upon demand or be well-controlled in a laboratory setting, 6) according to the general scientific community, extraordinary claims made by many leading ufologists and UFO researchers have not been sufficiently supported by empirical evidence, 7) the U.S. government and NASA contend that UFOs are either aeronautical or weather events, and/or manmade structures, and 8] limited progress has been made to understand the nature and origin of the phenomenon despite many decades of UFO investigations.

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
G. K. Chesterton (1874 - 1936)
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jorge Luis Borges  Shocked
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Jim wrote:

Dr Robert Davis, who is NOT happy with this subject at all, said:

A major goal for UFO researchers should be to establish agreed upon principles and theories to be tested by recognized scholars among different scientific disciplines, and supported by independent studies to verify research outcomes.  This research mission, however, is impeded by the following: 1) intangible personal accounts serve as the primary source of UFO evidence for study.  There is a lack of tangible, objective UFO evidence available for study, 2) UFO investigations have been generally conducted by those with relatively little or no educational background or advanced degree in a scientific discipline, 3) comparatively few investigations involve the analysis of physical evidence such as alleged fragments and ground traces from UFO landings, UFO photos and videos, visual-radar confirmation, and physiological effects, among others, by appropriate scientists, 4) it lacks a widely approved theory of its phenomena, 5) research cannot be performed and replicated upon demand or be well-controlled in a laboratory setting, 6) according to the general scientific community, extraordinary claims made by many leading ufologists and UFO researchers have not been sufficiently supported by empirical evidence, 7) the U.S. government and NASA contend that UFOs are either aeronautical or weather events, and/or manmade structures, and 8] limited progress has been made to understand the nature and origin of the phenomenon despite many decades of UFO investigations.
I have to say ,this is the response I would expect from an academic ,to take a subject such as this and try to dissect it like some lab rat specimen is just not ever gonna work and to demean witnesses in many cases as incredible just because their education hasn't followed his path is probably one of the main factors that is holding us back as a species let alone on this subject,scientists can answer a lot of questions but you only have to look at the way they have shifted their ground even relatively recently to see that although they are qualified to understand they are not necessarily best suited to interpreting what exists right before their eyes....

man's search for meaning is the primary motivation in his life   Victor frankl (professor of neurology and psychiatry )                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              All I know is that being "told" stuff is generally attached to "confusion." Why is that? Well, what is it doing? It's keeping you from learning ANYTHING. Welcome to the pissed off world of the anti-aspect. If they're going down, they are taking us with them.       jim 2016
sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:50 pm

sunbern wrote: I have to say ,this is the response I would expect from an academic ,to take a subject such as this and try to dissect it like some lab rat specimen is just not ever gonna work and to demean witnesses in many cases as incredible just because their education hasn't followed his path is probably one of the main factors that is holding us back as a species let alone on this subject,scientists can answer a lot of questions but you only have to look at the way they have shifted their ground even relatively recently to see that although they are qualified to understand they are not necessarily best suited to interpreting what exists right before their eyes....

There is such a thing as too much logic, but Dr Davis himself knows there are aspects to this picture (like the paranormal) that need data (hence the reason I did the EVPs) and he should do it too - it's a start. He isn't "blocking" anything, he believes in all this, but he's right ... there is NO HARD DATA.

He read my updated PDF and liked it ... said I should publish it and mentioned his publisher. I told him it wouldn't do any good ... it would just be another "experiencer" with "another story" and people don't think logically enough to be able to deal with it. I mentioned working together on it, because he is coming in from another direction (seeker of information for verification) but we are both hitting the same target. Unfortunately, he's in the middle of moving to Florida, so, we have to wait. He has articles on his site ... take a look see.

http://theufophenomenon.com/

The only difference in my approach is that my material is the "context" we lost ... and that's ALL we are supposed to know. If we knew that much, the ET "arrival" would have been easy to understand, but ... we lost everything. What information exists, has been totally scrambled and made to look like a psychotic cartoon ... and anyone who opens their mouth is labeled as a nut-job. That's where "prove me wrong" comes in, because it tosses everything back in their lap, and, they can't do it. That's why when Garry said "...he does love to keep people looking for the non existent evidence..." if you notice, it's just another general statement with nothing behind it. Same old BS over and over. THAT is one reason WHY we have problems ... people prefer to believe what they prefer to be true. With logic, you can't do that ... you have to dispute the facts - with facts.

You have to work really hard, and you have to be prepared to fail over and over again, and to make mistakes over and over again. But I think that wisdom also applies to the whole community of science, that is we have to experiment with every stupid wrong idea before we get on to the right one.
Dr Lee Smolin.
It isn't that they can't see the solution, it's that they can't see the problem.
Once upon a time, in addition to the Secret, there was a legend (and perhaps also a cosmogonic myth), but the superficial men of the Phoenix have forgotten it, and today they conserve only the obscure tradition of some cosmic punishment…
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:55 am

good luck with that jim I hope it happens ,I do understand what you are saying ,the `tracks` are there somewhere ( like dinosaur prints in shale deposits ) I think we will make the connection in our lifetimes but it sure aint easy .it is very tantalising to know there are supposed religious relics like the ark being` guarded`by monks and the secrets of the pyramids and the holy shrine ( on sacred temple mount ) in isreal are being closely guarded too .....

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:49 am

Jim wrote: Make a list of all the "proof" we have regarding ET.  

There's the problem, there is no solid proof...
But what is solid evidence ? People have their own experiences and to them that is solid proof, to an outsider that is not solid evidence.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:13 am

Del. wrote:
Jim wrote: Make a list of all the "proof" we have regarding ET.  

There's the problem, there is no solid proof...
But what is solid evidence ? People have their own experiences and to them that is solid proof, to an outsider that is not solid evidence.

That's why PROOF was in quotes.  chuckle  (BTW, your are sounding like Dr Davis.  whistle  )

Sightings are constructivist proof for instance ... there is a history before "technology" started. SOMETHING is there.

This subject is really no different than, for example, Christianity. 2000 years that include "claims" of paranormal encounters with beings who "told them stuff;" a "belief" that continued on because of "control" by a group of elites who were into playing a mind game with people for the single reason called control.

Both of these subjects need a "starting point" and as long as said "starting point" is missing, confusion reigns. People believe "Jesus" is the starting point in that religion - but that's wrong. The base idea of a "god" impregnating a woman and creating a "son" had a 3000 year history before this story. Then, if you go back further, the entire idea vanishes completely.

“Chuck” McCumber shows the error in thinking regarding people when Linear vs. Non-linear thinking is looked at, he says:

Non-linear thinking is less constrictive – letting the creative side of you run rampant because of its inherent lack of structure. It’s kind of like letting a puppy run wild on a walk up a mountain – anything of interest will be thoroughly investigated (and perhaps peed on) before jumping to the next, possibly non-related subject! It’s very much like brainstorming – allowing thought to flow, unhindered, in attempts to arrive upon something special in the process.
http://chuckslamp.com/index.php/2009/04/11/non-linearthinking/

I have called it "going round and round in circles, looking at the same topics, over and over again" - and of course, I get slammed for it.

Everything that is going on in our subject is exactly like the Christianity picture ... it's all about controlling what you think, and they get away with it because there is no "context" anymore. My approach has been following a yellow brick road of "clues" (again, in history) which has restored said context (and at this point the "prove me wrong" picture kicks in) and the bottom line is that all this crap people are stuck in now appears as a deliberately constructed confusion project (like Christianity) that takes advantage of the fact we no longer have a clue.

The idea is, if said material used is getting you nowhere, why would you keep going back to it? Based on your statement above, the constructivist approach has already determined "There's the problem, there is no solid proof...". So why are you still there? If you look back somewhere around page 10, I tried to get into this "context" ... but, we drifted. Went back to it - drifted again (sounds like the puppy above).

The idea is, WE are being left to figure this out ... and when we wind up on a useless path, we have to go back to the point this path began, and find the right one. Welcome to constructivism. This is OUR planet, OUR lives, and WE either take the bull by the horns ... or give up.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:32 pm

sounds like a load of bull to me lol! forgive me couldn't resist it . I really hope you make progress with this jim ,but once indoctrinated homo sapiens take some convincing to pursue another path even when it is pointed out to them with conclusive proof ( which we hav'nt yet got ) that what you are showing them is true ,the `ancient` et's knew how to do it by their in the face activities but if they had time travelled back which is what a lot of ufo researchers are now contemplating, they knew WE wouldn't be able to  change beliefs ,there is a time and place ( coming soon I hope ) when all will be revealed and humanity will know the truth maybe it will be you who unlocks that as yet hidden door ? ...if what you are saying is true their `intervention ` didn't go according to their plan and when they return they will find we have turned out to be totally different from their prediction...? or perhaps their drones have been monitoring us all along ,sorry you had better put a lead on this puppy !!!! bounce

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:14 pm

They have known about our disastrous path all along; they don't get involved because this is OUR planet and OUR life (despite what some people think).

As far as "learning" goes, I have been there done that from their position to where I am now. The ONLY missing piece is "interest" AKA intrinsic motivation. This keeps a person within the parameters of the study that DOES work. Then you find things that may be "in context" and you can ponder those things. Like this one I saw in the sky back in early 2008 (yeah, there's stuff we have never discussed). This was a perfectly formed Hebrew word, except the letter lamed was backwards.

I was outside yesterday and looked up ... what I saw was odd to say the least. There were contrails in the sky and some more spread out ones formed (and I kid you not) a Hebrew word in the correct right to left writing style. There were two letters, ayin and lamed (in Latin O and L) and the only thing wrong with it was lamed was backwards. Outside of that, it was a total freakout.

This pic shows the correct way it should appear on the top, and under it is what I saw.

Logic dictates this is a freak accident. The other half of the brain goes hmm. If we look up the word and take sense development into consideration, we get:

the base idea of height, high, being above / over, even to the extent of being upon, also used at times for God in the idea of most high.

Sense development then can go to ideas of something above you, hence impending, being high over you, suspended over you, over your head / higher than you.  That something being over you has a sense of neighborhood, contiguity.

The fourth class denoted motion (especially when rapid) towards any place, rushing down upon anything. Could be too in a hostile sense.

I dunno - I thought that was odd - umm - something coming?
whistle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:24 am

very interesting ,they knew you would be able to figure it out and the lamed was a statement ,I think not of over and above but maybe below or under .I know they tease us and play mind games but I think they are showing you ( in mirror image ) what they want you to see rather than expecting you to try to make sense of it by altering it ..heaven knows why they didn't use the correct letters for under or below ..the rushing down on us could be fallout from a volcano or major earthquake ( i.e Yellowstone ) who knows but it's typical of the way they message you and others ...

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:46 am

quote "make a list of all proof that et's exist " 1 . they show up visually when trouble is brewing ..... shutdown of missile silos ,radar contact ,multiple witnesses . 2. there is evidence of their presence in the past i.e cave paintings ,objects of sculpture ,building techniques. 3. retrieved material from crashed spacecraft . I know you wouldn't convict a murderer on this scant evidence but this is about as strong as it gets when trying to prove the existence of et's

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Del. on Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:28 am

Spot on Bernie.. Busy at the moment, shall post later.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

You can take the above one step further with regard to the individual meanings of the letters themselves; it just gets kinda crazy with interpretations. Lamed is attached to various definitions regarding "learning" - and that's the letter that was reversed. It's attached to the "shepherd staff" and was used to "direct" sheep.
Ayin is attached (basically) to the "eye(s)" and perception, so the overall picture implies a "backward / incorrect learning" if we go that route.

All ideas of the "word" itself would come from these base ideas, where "learning" implies a constant pile of information, building upon, layer after layer. Definitions of this word run in Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius lexicon from page 752 - 758, so it does get involved. All things considered, the base picture is one where we are going to get run over, and the stupidity level we are trapped in - umm - isn't helping.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Jim wrote:You can take the above one step further with regard to the individual meanings of the letters themselves; it just gets kinda crazy with interpretations. Lamed is attached to various definitions regarding "learning" - and that's the letter that was reversed. It's attached to the "shepherd staff" and was used to "direct" sheep.
       maybe they are saying the sheep ( us ) are running in the wrong direction scratch you are a dark horse just when we thought all of your info was on here you pop this on..... hmmmm, the question I am prompted to ask is what else are you hiding under that Stetson of yours !!!    ????????       chuckle

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Look, the overall picture is very simple. I followed my trail from beginning to end over a period of 60 years and came to final conclusions ... I call the subject "the lost context." I stay within the parameters of this lost context and do not venture out into the "UFO subject" as it stands, because it's an absolute mess; the comments you have all made regarding it, SHOWS it's a mess. You can't get people to look into the lost context, they want to stay within the UFO subject, so they never learn anything.

What SHOULD be going on is what I'm doing, because there ARE connecting pieces, and right now I'm at a place where I'm satisfied with what I have, and the last piece to this (if it happens) is a final process of verification with Dr Davis. I think like he does, so communication between us should be easy.

Since I know what I am supposed to know, I can now spend time on aspects of the UFO subject, even if it IS a mess. I look at at "sightings" and I yawn. I already know they are here, and why. I look at abductions, and that mess needs to be gone through from the beginning, all over again. I have ideas regarding what's going on, but the bottom line is that it doesn't matter if I ever figure it out - cuz I know what's supposed to be known.

I look at things people say because they allegedly had "experiences too" ... and for the most part, if I challenge them, they run away, or they come up with some lame explanation, like one I heard, Sitchen was a Mason, and I just tell them it has nothing to do with being a Mason, it has to do with the data. This linguistic scholar has already PROVEN him wrong ... end of story - the "hardest" data wins - so much for your alleged "experiences."

So when I see something like what I was getting into above, I work on it as far as I can, and I'll finish it whenever I get around to it. I'm not in a rush cuz no one gives a shit, and I do things as I see fit. As far as what else I may have, let's tackle what you do have and maybe I'll look for some more. I've been looking at an experience I had as a young teen, and I know when I'm going to die ... or MAYBE ... it's something else chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:39 pm

Jim wrote:Look, You can't get people to look into the lost context, they want to stay within the UFO subject, so they never learn anything         oh !

What SHOULD be going on is what I'm doing, because there ARE connecting pieces, and right now I'm at a place where I'm satisfied with what I have, and the last piece to this (if it happens) is a final process of verification with Dr Davis. I think like he does, so communication between us should be easy.    I hope it is and it moves you forward

no one gives a shit,       not true buddy  Mad  

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:02 pm

sunbern wrote:
no one gives a shit,       not true buddy  Mad  

I'm talking in a general sense ... I had web pages up about 10 years ago - same thing.

But too, "we" WERE headed in a particular direction x-amount of pages ago ... and - we drifted ... a few times. After like, what, the third time ... I gave up and adopted a more quiet (for me) approach. I see learning in a particular way, and yeah, I can be a pain in the ass ... but if I'm right we have a problem; if I'm wrong, someone step up to the plate and prove it.

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:08 am

good luck with dr davis ,agreed this needs to be rolled out to a wider audience wish you were able to do a lecture tour that would do it .

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:50 am

One would tend to think that if a lecture could work, a conversation online would accomplish the same thing - but it hasn't. I'm hoping, if Dr D gets involved, we can create a new approach.

Tripped over this in my old pages from 2005 ... I always though the pic was  - odd - to say the least. What else would be pictured streaming from the galactic center to a planet (earth?)? This was the email conversation sent to me back then.

Hi Ellie,
I have seen that image in my dreams since I was just a little girl. Though in the dream I am standing on the Earth, and it is night time. The sky is changing. The stars are moving as if they were dancing in a sequence that they have been waiting for, for a "long time," moving as if to unlock something.

In the dream I stand there watching in complete awe, but knowing all along that this was going to happen. The feelings are hard to describe. Then the stars locked back into a different grid/pattern/sequence from what we knew before when looking into the night sky. The picture you posted then arrives in the sky. Almost exactly the same, except in my dream it is more of a red hue. The feeling that I have within my dream time body when I watch this is indescribable. I do not move, for I'm not afraid, I am in great Awe.

Usually prior to this dream, there is another. Almost the same with the exception that this one will occur when the time of day is setting into evening transition.

A tornado is off in the distance, and as I see it, I need to go inside and shut the door. The door always has a huge glass panel. Before I can close the door, the sky starts changing. Balls of light exist with the tornado. The stars start to appear through the thickness of the cloudy atmosphere. I get the door closed, as that is what I am told I must do. That is when it shifts into the dream above. The dream with the image of your picture that you posted today. I have always felt that something was trying to show me something with that dream.
Sincerely, Brigitte

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:55 pm

a black hole would consume stellar material in a similar way to that depicted in your picture how can you be sure ( here we go again Rolling Eyes ) it is being ejected from the galactic centre  ,think I read somewhere that our own black hole will consume earth before the sun causes us any problems .....

http://www.askamathematician.com/2012/02/q-what-would-happen-if-a-black-hole-passed-through-our-solar-system-2/

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:29 pm

there is also the possibility that the picture could be a referring to a wormhole connection in which case the verbal description may also hold some credibility...we are dealing with a vast subject and narrowing the options is not possible until we have more facts ,yeah I know you only just said that .... d'oh

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:01 pm

I agree ... but if you know what is supposed to be known (the subject context) it doesn't matter if you EVER figure it out. Basically, everyone is (and has been) doing the same thing, the difference in their picture is that they are looking for the answer ... I have it already, and I can play with this other stuff like a game cuz - it doesn't matter. chuckle

Oops .. forgot this http://starburstfound.org/hawking-finally-sees-light-black-holes-exist/

Black hole argument is what it is ... not my department chuckle

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:21 pm

your mind is made up and as I have said before your research has been very thorough I'm still with you ,just airing a few alternatives which need to be conclusively ruled out not always that easy scratch

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:34 pm

My mind is never "made up" - I am constantly in a state of data consideration ... it's just that I can't find an error, two shrinks couldn't find a problem in the "mental" department, and unless Dr D can find an error (and he thought I should publish this), technically, I can't move as it has to be right. dunno

Dr Lee Smolin.
Jim
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  sunbern on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:51 pm

I so hope he can help you find a wider audience what you have deserves to be aired by open minded scientists but by their very nature they do seem a little thin on the ground ....

sunbern

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top